Monday, March 17, 2008

Quick Highlights



1) I'm exhausted!!--I haven't been able to visit blogs, relax or many other things because life has just been crazier than usual.

2) I have completely ignored the Ron Paul cultists who have descended onto my blog this weekend. I'm thank-ful for those like Wordsmith, who enjoy taking them on. My only response are these 2 quotes--
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."--John Stuart Mill

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free."--Ronald Reagan

3) What the hell is going on in NY & NJ? As I look at the sordid scenarios that continue to unfold I just want to say "ick!".
--The fall of the Governor of NY because he was paying for prostitutes among other unsavory/illegal behavior.

--Years ago the Governor of NJ resigned because of an admitted extra-marital affair. Now, more unsavory stuff is being revealed that involves his wife and makes you wonder how ignorant she was of him being gay.

4) What is the deal with women "standing by these despicable men?" If your husband had been seeing prostitutes for 10 years, was possibly involved in promoting this business, and the list goes on would you stand by him at a press conference??? As Dr. Laura said, "If that were my husband not only would he be showing up at the press conference by himself but he'd be on crutches."

5) Obama's Pastor has a frightening World View! I have to admit I was in shock when I saw some of Jeremiah Wright's own words about what he thinks about our country, among other things. I also find it difficult to see how Obama separates himself from a man who married he and his wife and baptized his children.

No comments: