Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Doctors Suck!!


One of my favorite Lost episodes is the one where Hurley has this conversation with Jack (who is the only Dr. on the island):
Hurley: What's that thing where doctors make you feel better just by talking to you?
Jack: Bedside manner?
Hurley: Yeah, that. Yours sucks, dude.

Well, yesterday I wish I'd had the presence of mind and courage to say that to the Doctor I was seeing. I had to go to a Neurologist for migraines and I had even asked around for recommendations to avoid this exact problem. The problem was at this office you have to see a Doctor for your consultation and then the "good" Doctor sees you when you've had the consultation and all the tests.

The Consultation Doctor probably had the worst bedside manner I've ever seen. If he was the Doctor I was going to see after the tests I would've found another office. I've had enough good and bad Doctors to know that you don't have to put up with the bad ones.

Anyway, all that to say please pray for me. I'm having one of my MRI's on Friday and I'm a little claustrophobic. Ever since I rode on that horrible Mission Space ride at Epcot I'm a little nervous about being in tight, enclosed places. They are going to give me something to relax me but I'm going to have to be in there for an hour and 15 minutes. Thanks!!

No comments: