Saturday, February 09, 2008

Inspiration & Humor!


I need to take a break from politics. So here is a very inspirational song and I'll throw in some humor as well.
You are God Alone
sung by Phillips, Craig and Dean

Chorus:
You are God alone
From before time began
You were on Your throne
Your are God alone
And right now
In the good times and bad
You are on Your throne
You are God alone

HUMOR:

I asked a friend of mine to fine some humor in the dire political situation that we now find ourselves. This is what she sent me:
Things That Should Make You Smile:

1. You really have no idea which side of the aisle Sawyer’s on. This means your dreams of being Lost on an island with him can live on.
2. Sean Hannity still loves you
3. If Hillary wins, you won’t be so wont to watch so much political tv, which means more time for Netlix.

I was surprised when I got this Hillary joke that I'd never seen it before. Usually, when you get a Hillary joke via email you've already seen it 10 times.
Hillary Goes To Elementary School

Hillary Clinton goes to a primary school in New York City
to talk about the world. After her talk she offers a question time.
One little boy puts up his hand. The Senator asks him what his name is.
'Kenneth,' he replied.
'And what is your question, Kenneth?'

'I have three questions:
First - whatever happened to the medical health care plan you were paid to develop during your husband's eight years in the office as President?
Second - why would you run for President after your husband shamed the office?
Third - whatever happened to all those things you took when you guys left the White House?'

Just then the bell rings for recess. Hillary Clinton informs the kids that
they will continue after recess.
When they resume, Hillary says, 'Okay, where were we? Oh, that's right,
question time. Who has a question?'
A different little boy puts his hand up. Hillary points him out and asks
him what his name is.
'Larry', he replied.
'And what is your question, Larry?'

'Well, I actually have five questions:
First - whatever happened to the medical health care plan you were paid to develop during your husband's eight years in the office as President?
Second - why would you run for President after your husband shamed the office?
Third - whatever happened to all those things you took when you left the White House?
Fourth - why did the recess bell go off 20 minutes early?
Fifth - what happened to Kenneth?'

Another friend sent me 2 things via email this week that totally cracked me up:
1) It reminds me of an old joke, without the humor of course. A person states that when they die they want to go out just like their grandfather, quietly in his sleep not yelling and screaming like the other people in his car with him at the time.

It appears many conservatives are, in some fashion, asleep at the wheel,and some of us are wide awake and horrified at the thought of a McCain nomination.

2) I share your depression. Watching Romney's speech today with my wife I turned to her and ask what is wrong with our Country. How can Romney be pulling out and someone like McCain be coming to the podium to ask for unity.

I received a request from the RNC this afternoon for money. Bad timing. I replied:" Let me try to understand this you are pushing a liberal, McCain, as our Presidential candidate. Our do nothing Republicans lost Congress to the Democrats and now can do even less. And you want me to send money to support this? One of us is smoking crack and it is not me."

My wife thought it was harsh.

No comments: