Friday, February 08, 2008

Friday Smorgasbord


1) Tess Koppelman's Fox 4 interview with me and 2 other bloggers will be airing tonight at 9 pm. If you live in the Kansas City area make sure to tune in. I'm not sure how much she will air of her interview with me because Tony of Tony's KC was the main person but it should still be good. I'm hoping to be able to post it online after it airs so you can all see it.

2) Romney shows what a man of integrity he is by caring more about the Republican party and the Country than himself. To listen to Romney's wonderful speech, go here. I consider Mike Huckabee to be the exact opposite. If he cared about the Republican party more than himself he would've dropped out a long time ago. Yet, with Huckabee it is all about him. I was extremely disappointed in Dobson once again since it looks like he is going to endorse Huckabee. Groan!!

3) The lectures continue, I guess some people didn't pay attention to my last post or didn't care. Once again, I'm not sure what they think they are accomplishing but I hope I'm saving them therapy money by letting them vent on my blog.

For the record, I'm not an idiot, so I won't be voting for Hillary. I have to admit that was a huge insult that anyone would even think I would consider that. I obviously never even implied it, but it is amazing what people come up with.

As for voting for McCain in the general election I am still doing some soul searching on that. I never thought I'd even consider not voting for the Republican nominee since I am huge lesser of 2 evils person but I never thought I'd have McCain forced upon me as my only choice. At this stage there is nothing McCain could say or do to win me over to his side.

What it will come down to for me is who he picks for VP. If he picks a stellar conservative I'll probably hold my nose and vote for him. If he picks Huckabee the chances are good I'll not vote for a Republican for president for the first time in my life. I will not let Huckabee anywhere near the White House. I want a whole new set of candidates come 2012. I don't want to go through this hell all over again 4 years from now. I'm very aware of the importance of the war and judges, the problem is, on judges I just have no idea who he would pick.

Reliapundit shows an example of a good McCain administration. If McCain was willing to pick good people like this for VP and his cabinet than I would be much more likely to vote for him.

Ann makes some excellent points in her latest article. I obviously don't agree with her on voting for Hillary but on most everything else she speaks for me and many others. This is how she concludes her article:
If Hillary is elected president, we'll have a four-year disaster, with Republicans ferociously opposing her, followed by Republicans zooming back into power, as we did in 1980 and 1994, and 2000. (I also predict more Oval Office incidents with female interns.)

If McCain is elected president, we'll have a four-year disaster, with the Republicans in Congress co-opted by "our" president, followed by 30 years of Democratic rule.

There's your choice, America.

4) Ronald Reagan's Birthday was this past Wednesday.

No comments: