Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Wednesday Smorgasbord



Which Great US President Are You Most Like?
created with QuizFarm.com
You scored as Ronald Reagan

40th President, in office from 1981-1989
Born: 1911 Died: 2004


Ronald Reagan


67%

Franklin Roosevelt


67%

Dwight Eisenhower


64%

Theodore Roosevelt


62%

John Kennedy


48%

Lyndon Johnson


48%

Harry Truman


45%

Thomas Jefferson


43%

Abraham Lincoln


38%

George Washington


33%

Woodrow Wilson


31%


1) I found the above quiz at Joe's blog. I loved my results except for I found the Lyndon Johnson coming in 6th a little disturbing ;-)!! Although, I would also have an issue with Johnson being classified as "great".

2) Romney's Michigan win is a victory for conservatism! Even though Romney is a distant 3rd behind Rudy and Fred in my rankings he kept the 2 more liberal Republicans from winning.

Monday on the radio show I predicted the following scenario:
Iowa--Huckabee
New Hampshire--McCain
Michigan--Romney
South Carolina--Fred
Florida--Rudy
This is more optimistic thinking on my part than solid predictions but it would be interesting if it happened. At this stage of the game as long as we can keep McCain or Huckabee from getting the nomination I will be a happy camper. Rush said that if either of them wins the nomination they could end up destroying the Republican party as we now know it, and I think he's right.

3) Scalia is coming to Missouri and several of us are going to go hear him speak. I am beyond excited!!

4) I was tagged, and since I'm such a sucker for meme's I decided to indulge. I'll try to pick some new things that I haven't mentioned before.
7 Random facts about me:
1. I'm getting my gold belt in Karate this weekend.
2. I don't cook much anymore.
3. I have started journaling more recently and love my American flag journal for this year.
4. In the future I want to travel a lot.
5. I'm on book 7 in the Stephanie Plum series.
6. I love the Tv show, One Tree Hill.
7. My youngest son, cute boy, got me this great pink gym bag for Christmas.

No comments: