Thursday, January 10, 2008

Thoughts for the Day...


Okay, so my thoughts for the day have nothing to do with the above pic of Sawyer/Josh Holloway but I'm going through Lost withdrawals. I figured Skye and I were due for a nice Sawyer pic ;-))!

Random Thoughts from yesterday:

--The phrase Gag Me With a Spoon came to mind when I heard John McCain saying that he is going to court me (aka Evangelicals) by talking about man-made global warming. You have got to be kidding me!!! I don't know who his advisers are but they seriously need to get a life. Rick Warren may have gotten on the global warming bandwagon but most Evangelicals, including myself, aren't that gullible.

--Rush thinks that McCain has conned Huckabee into helping him take out Romney to clear the way for himself. Then McCain will dump Huckabee. That sounds very plausible to me.

--I have a close friend that personally knows Dick Armey. He is a great guy but ticked me off as of late with some of his off the reservation comments. But he redeemed himself quite a bit with this latest article that I found via Patrick. He takes on Mike Huckabee and shows how his policies would be devastating for the Republican party. The article is a must read, especially if you are one of those who has swallowed the Huckabee kool-aid.

--Fred Barnes doesn't think Huckabee is going to win the nomination. Hey, I cling to whatever hope I can find ;-)!!

--My parents live in Michigan so I called them yesterday. I "recommended" that they vote for Romney. I see that as a way to stop McCain/Huckabee. My philosophy right now is do whatever we can to stop McCain/Huckabee. If you can't bring yourself to vote for Rudy then pick Fred or Romney, whoever has a better chance of beating the "fake conservatives".

--Thanks to a friend I am addicted to Janet Evanovich's, Stephanie Plum series. I'm blaming her for the fact that my new book addiction is keeping me from cleaning my house and doing many other important life tasks.

--I've gotten off to a really good start on my 50 book challenge but the problem is I'm having a hard time finding the time to write my reviews.

--Mike pimps for Rudy, which I will be doing some of in the near future.

No comments: