Wednesday, January 09, 2008

How the Race is shaping up in 2008



The live blogging was fun last night although I think most of us were pretty bummed. When you have a group that consists mostly of Fred and Rudy supporters no one is too happy to see McCain win.

I was tempted to title this post Iowans and the people of New Hampshire suck, but Mike said it was too harsh :-). I also didn't want to offend poor Steve who happens to have to live with these people in New Hampshire :-). He said he was casting his vote for Romney so its not his fault McCain won.

The amazing event of the night was that Hillary pulled off a win even though the polls predicted an Obama landslide. It is just as well, if the fighting goes on longer on the Dem side it can only be good news for us. Since the polls were wrong in New Hampshire for Obama, one can only hope they will be wrong for Huckabee in South Carolina. I'm an optimist, what can I say?

I've thrown caution to the wind and have joined Rudy's campaign here in Missouri. Things look good here but there are some Huckabee supporters already to contend with as well.

No comments: