Sunday, January 27, 2008

The Blessing


I can't tell you how long I've searched for this song, and I finally found it. I kept hearing it on the radio but didn't know the title or the singer. My music expert was having trouble finding it too. It finally came up in a google search even though that hadn't worked earlier. It is a beautiful song.

The above video is a bunch of famous people who the person who made the video said have "chosen life". I'm not sure if that means the people are supposed to be pro-life or Christians. Either way, most of the people are recognizable as being one or the other, although not perfect representations ;-)).
The Blessing
sung by John Waller

Chorus:
Let it be said of us
While we walked among the living.
Let it be said of us
By the ones we leave behind.
Let it be said of us
That we lived to be a blessing for life.

For the rest of the lyrics, go here!
The surgery went well but I am still recuperating and in some pain and on drugs ;-). I'm glad I let Church know I wouldn't be doing Children's Church today. Thanks to everyone for your kind wishes.

Here is an email my Pastor sent to me that shows how well he knows me and totally cracked me up:
"I will be praying that your consternation over the possibility of John McCain being the Republican nominee for president won’t hinder your recovery ;-)."

I think I am going to have a verse of the week that I will sometimes combine with my Worship video each Sunday. The following verse is one that I have always loved and have been meditating on as of late and memorizing. I hope it brings some comfort to you today.
Matthew 11:28-30 (NASB)--
Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest.

"Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.

"For My yoke is easy and My burden is light."


No comments: