1) Iraq continues to go well and even the defeatist Dems approve the war funding. This is good news for Iraq, for the U.S., for the troops, for Bush and for all Americans but it seems to make the liberals and Code Pinkers unhappy.
2) Time magazine picked Putin as their person of the year, but my pick would've been General Petraeus.
3) More from the Huckabee Files:
--Huck = Harriet Miers?
Rush rarely makes comments favorably or unfavorably about Republicans in the primaries but it is pretty evident he doesn't like Huckabee.
--There's a Huckabee born every minute
Here is Ann's conclusion:Huckabee claims he opposes gay marriage and says Scalia is his favorite justice, but he supports a Supreme Court decision denounced by Scalia for paving the way to a "constitutional right" to gay marriage. I guess Huckabee is one of those pro-sodomy, pro-gay marriage, pro-evolution evangelical Christians.
No wonder Huckabee is the evangelical liberals like.
--The Huckabee Hustle
Some excerpts:When evangelicals embraced Jimmy Carter during the 1976 presidential campaign, they didn't know he would repudiate the Southern Baptist Convention a generation later. Today the very same constituency has glommed onto Mike Huckabee, and I can't help but lament how history truly does repeat itself.
One can see why the man I dubbed "Huck the Huckster" would appeal to evangelicals. He's a pro-life Southern Baptist minister with charm, wit and a good-ol'-boy, yuck-it-up style. Yet this resplendent exterior only serves to obscure the stain of liberal sin.
4) Focus on the Family takes notice of our cloning fight here in Missouri.
5) Jeri Thompson is my favorite pick for first lady. Patrick makes a good comparison of her to Abigail Adams and I think it fits.
6) Hillary sinks to a new low by planting her Sunday School teacher at a campaign forum. It is hard to conceive, but is there ANYTHING Hillary wouldn't do to make a desperate grab at power via the presidency?
7) Rudy makes a stop in Columbia, Missouri.