Saturday, December 01, 2007

Some More of My Life!


I was invited by Chad Everson over at the Grizzly Groundswell blog to be a contributer and be the representative on the blog for Missouri. It is a great group blog where Robin and Steve are already contributers. Below is the post I did to introduce myself on the blog. It was a lot of fun to write so I thought it would be good to post here as well and give my newer readers some of my background info.


My name is Dee Vantuyl and I'm also known in the blogosphere as Little Miss Chatterbox. I am a Conservative Evangelical Christian with somewhat eclectic tastes. I have been married for 15 years and I home school my 4 children, one of whom has some special needs. I am a big movie and TV buff and love such shows as Prison Break, Lost, Grey's Anatomy and 24. I am concerned about the Writers Strike hindering my healthy dose of getting to see Josh Holloway as Sawyer on Lost this coming February. My 2 favorite movies which have a lot to do with my life/political philosophy are Braveheart and Amazing Grace. I also have decided to get a tattoo, which as a Youth Pastor's wife presents certain interesting dilemmas :-). My husband and I love Harleys and would love to own one some day.

I am extremely patriotic and still get tears in my eyes when I hear God Bless the USA by Lee Greenwood. I am an ardent defender and supporter of President George W. Bush. He has not been a perfect president but when it comes to the War on Terror he has my unwavering devotion.

I am an optimist and am not particularly fond of negative/pessimistic people such as Michael Savage types. I often speak out against all or nothing thinking that seems to be touted by those with a negative outlook on life in general.

I have gone from not having a clue about politics in my college years to being the ultimate political news junkie. I started listening to Rush during the Clinton impeachment saga and have listened on a daily basis ever since. I credit Dr. James Dobson for initially getting me involved in politics/current events and being aware of what was going on in the culture, from there I moved onto listening to Rush. I consider myself to be a Reagan/Rush conservative although I also adore Sean Hannity as well. I view myself more as a female version of Sean Hannity as an internet radio host.

I began annoying my friends with my political soapbox diatribes so one of my friends signed me up for a blog in 2005 and I have been addicted to blogging ever since. I have loved being able to express my opinions and being able to interact with others cut from similar cloth.

I have been active in political campaigns since 2004. I put my life on hold to campaign my heart out for George W. Bush and was rewarded with getting to meet him and have my picture taken with him in 2006. In 2004 I also campaigned for my U.S. Representative Sam Graves and our Governor Matt Blunt. In 2006, I campaigned for U.S. Senator Jim Talent and was a crusader against Missouri's Amendment 2 which ended up legalizing cloning and embryonic stem cell research in Missouri. We won everything I campaigned for in 2004 and lost everything in 2006 so I know both the thrill of victory and the sting of defeat.

In 2006, because Missouri's senate race was such a close race I was asked to be a guest on Open Source. That led to hosting my own internet radio show, Conservatism With Heart on Togi Entertainment starting this past June. It airs every Monday from 9-10 am CST. To hear a past show go here to hear podcasts of Conservatism with Heart.

I recently became a member of my county's Republican Central Committee and am my county's coordinator on our new effort to defeat cloning here in Missouri. I was interviewed this past Monday by a local Fox Reporter for a special on popular KC blogs.

I have been talking a lot about the Republican candidates of late and love Fred Thompson and Rudy Giuliani and am not particularly thrilled with Huckabee and McCain. I also am extremely annoyed by the Ron Paul cult that has hijacked parts of the internet.

I look forward to posting here with all of the wonderful bloggers who have already jumped on board.

No comments: