Wednesday, December 19, 2007

The Case Against Ron Paul


I'm not sure that this is even worth a blog post, it is kind of a no brainer but I thought I'd do it just for the record. Stephen Bainbridge took on Huckabee and now he is taking on Ron Paul. Apparently he is a Fred Thompson guy so far but I noticed he hasn't been critical of Rudy whereas he has been critical of McCain, Romney, Huckabee, Tancredo and now Paul.

In Bainbridge's Personal Presidential elimination process he makes 8 points against Paul but I thought the first one was the best:
"1. As Michael Medved observed, Paul’s campaign has attracted “an imposing collection of Neo-Nazis, White Supremacists, Holocaust Deniers, 9/11 “Truthers” and other paranoid and discredited conspiracists.” It may not be a case of birds of a feather, but it’s at least a case of lying down with dogs and getting up with fleas. Moreover, “the behavior of Ron Paul supporters (spamming blogs that reference their candidate with fund-raising appeals and flaming anyone who actually dares to express substantive disagreement) frequently alienates far more potential friends than it attracts.” (Link) You’ll almost certainly find some flames in the comments to this post!

Update: Andrew chastises me for leading with “the guilt-by-association charge.” Sorry, but you lie down with dogs and you get up with fleas. Witness the Ronulans in the comment space below. Paul and his camapign have done very, very little to disassociate themselves from such folks, let alone trying to rein them in."
One can see for themselves in the debates how nuts Ron Paul is but his supporters confirm it. I've noticed that those who are angry and/or pessimistic towards the government or just in general seems to gravitate towards Paul. He also attracts conspiracy theorists by the dozen. If I was Paul and these were my supporters I would be concerned, but he seems happy to have them. Nothing more needs be said.

No comments: