Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Wednesday Smorgasbord


"Dennis Kucinich is on a quest of his own. He sees flying saucers and he acts like one, too."--Alcee Hastings (D-FLA)
1) If nothing else, Dennis Kucinich and Ron Paul keep the political discourse from getting boring. Lately, though, every time Kucinich opens his mouth you just have to laugh.

2) My Governor, Matt Blunt has appointed a task force on finding out how abortion affects women. Kudos to Governor Blunt for dealing with this important issue. Its things like this that I think make the case that conservatives should not abandon him in 2008 even though he was on the wrong side of Amendment 2.

3) Phelps' cult is already being sued again, this time in Nebraska. Guess who is representing these sick people? The ACLU. I love how the Phelps' cult so hatefully speaks of how godless the U.S. is and yet they will let the ACLU, an organization that has done more to remove God from the public arena than anyone else, represent them. It is completely hypocritical and irrational. Yet, I would argue that none of the Phelps' cult is mentally well so it shouldn't be surprising.

The charges against the Phelps this time are:
"Phelps-Roper, 50, is scheduled to appear at a Sarpy County Court hearing Monday on charges of flag mutilation, negligent child abuse, contributing to the delinquency of a minor and disturbing the peace."
4) Utah voted on a Statewide Voucher Program yesterday. I had high hopes for this since I am such a huge fan of school choice but the powerful NEA seems to have scared the people in Utah into not giving it a chance as of yet.

5) Fun President Quiz--Everyone who home schools has one area that they emphasize more than others and mine would be history. So I make all of my kids memorize all of the presidents. Its been awhile though, since I've reviewed them so I missed 6 but it was a good reminder that I need to start working with my youngest son on these.

6) Kudos to New Jersey for rejecting Embryonic Stem Cell Research. I find this ironic since New Jersey is a much more liberal state than Missouri and we weren't able to stop it here. Maybe New Jersey learned from our fiasco.

No comments: