Thursday, October 11, 2007

Thursday Smorgasbord


Where do I even start? I have so many things to post on I don't know where to begin. I will definitely have to do 2 smorgasbords, possibly even 3. I'll do a regular one today and I will do a Missouri one tomorrow. There are a lot of things going on in Missouri that are also making the national news.

1) As the above cartoon shows, Hillary proves once again that she has absolutely no shame. She had no compunction about having Bergler be an adviser knowing full well that he belongs in jail for stealing documents from the National Archives.

Speaking of Hillary, she was here in KC last Friday and raised $250,000. Two days later John Kerry was speaking at a health care conference here.

2) My buddy Kiefer is going to jail. It saddens me that so many in Hollywood either end up in jail or rehab. My biggest problem with all of these DUI's is why don't these stars get drivers? At least then they wouldn't be endangering the lives of others.

3) Obama refuses to wear a flag pin. This is just so ridiculous but typical of your average liberal democrat. We wouldn't want to offend anyone by wearing something that shows we love our country. Unbelievable!!

Speaking of Obama, I was in the parking lot of a huge Baptist church here in KC while I was visiting their library. I saw a car with an Obama bumper sticker. It just made me shake my head. This is exactly why I had a problem with Rick Warren having him speak at his conference last year.

4) My Hannity post is now up to a record 125 comments. After the comments initially took off I added an update. I later took it down because I just felt like I had added fuel to the fire.

So since I haven't had my say recently on all the comments I thought I'd say a couple things.

--"Perfect is the enemy of good."--I think this quote sums it all up for me. Mike was the first one to bring it up and I think it says it all.

--The debate was very heated and I think its because we are all passionate about what we think is right.

--If you have 2 candidates in front of you and one represents 70% of what you believe and the other represents 0% of what you believe it seems like a no-brainer to me.

--I don't want to disparage some of the new commenters that disagreed with the majority of us. Yet, I will take issue with their insinuations that some of us don't care about abortion or our Christian walk if we could even consider voting for Rudy. Most of us will not be voting for Rudy in the primaries and yet if we say we'd be willing to vote for him in the general election against Hillary somehow that means the lives of babies mean nothing to us and we could care less about our faith.

Nothing could be further from the truth. It is precisely because of my faith and my deep concern about the slaughter of innocent babies that I cannot allow Hillary to stroll into the White house. Although to be honest, I'm not that concerned about their judgment because anyone who knows me or has read my blog for any length of time knows what I care about.

I also have to say that for some this "purist" mentality is going to get them nowhere. They don't seem to be concerned about that so to each their own. Yet, when one of them said that Reagan wasn't even "good enough" for him I just threw up my hands and laughed. If the greatest president in the last century isn't good enough for them than no one ever will be. If this is the mentality I'm not sure why they are "dirtying" themselves by engaging in politics at all.

All of us have flaws and are far from perfect. Those that run for president are no different. The bar that some have set is so high I don't know who would measure up. That is precisely my issue with Dobson right now.


--I'm not really interested in opening up this debate again because I saw nothing accomplished by it. Once someone appeared to be irrational to me I just tuned them out and they seemed to be doing the same to us. If you are offended by me not wanting to re-open the debate than be like so many liberals before and accuse me of censorship and whine about it. I'm used to it. If you think the debate is so helpful you can open one up on your blog.

--I do want to thank so many for carrying the water during the debates and coming up with excellent points. I especially want to thank Mamapajamas for her whit and insight as usual. Since she doesn't have a blog or an email address I have no way of contacting her other than saying it here in this post.

5) Jimmy Carter makes idiotic comment #1,000.

6) Tuesday's Republican Debate!! I missed the debate for 3 reasons--it was on MSNBC, it was on in the afternoon and I was insanely busy. Mike did an unbelievable job on analyzing the debate, all you need to know about it is in his excellent post. My other thoughts after reading about the debate is that Chris Matthews is such a jerk and the farthest thing from an "objective" moderator.

7) Hannity & Colmes exposes Cuba's real health care situation. Go here to see Real Cuba's website where they expose what Cuba is really like.

No comments: