Thursday, October 04, 2007

Rush & Dobson Updates


RUSH--

Robin came up with the above pic and gave me permission to use it on my blog as well. I had been meaning to get my Rush babe pic back up in my sidebar (I had taken it out when I was trying to make my blog easier to load but since it didn't help I figured I'd put it back). Not that there was any doubt but I've got my Rush babe pic back up to assure everyone of my support :-).

Fred Thompson scored MAJOR points with me when he came out with this statement in support of Rush:
"Congressional Democrats are trying to divert attention from insulting our military leader in Iraq and pandering to the loony left by attacking Rush Limbaugh. He is one of the strongest supporters of our troops, yet Democrats claim he is not being strong enough. I wonder who General Petraeus and his troops think is most supportive?"
I had been meaning to join a Fred Thompson blogroll and finally got around to doing that last night. I am also a Friend of Fred and getting his email updates. Fred and his wife also had an interview with Sean Hannity on Hannity and Colmes last night. Go here to watch the video.

UPDATE:
In my previous post I gave out phone numbers to contact some of the senators and Congressman Kingston. I called Senators Reid and Harkin and expressed my strong disapproval. I also called Kingston and applauded him for his resolution in support of Rush and the troops.


DOBSON--

I also called Focus on the Family yesterday to talk to someone about Dobson's comments. I was able to talk to one of his assistants. She let me know that she would pass my comments on and she then said that the news about the 3rd party support hadn't been presented accurately. She said if she is allowed to she will send me a link to an AP story that presents it more accurately. I will share that with you if I get it.

ANOTHER UPDATE (3:15 PM):
One of Dobson's assistants sent me the link to an Op-ed that Dobson wrote for the NY Times. It doesn't dispel the rumor at all that he will support a 3rd party. The bottom line is if Rudy gets the nomination Dobson and others will be supporting a 3rd party. Hello, President Hillary!!

No comments: