Friday, August 24, 2007

Back From Michigan


(The Kids and I with my Mom)

Even though I had to drive through tornado weather and thunderstorms I made it home safely late last night. Many thanks go to Skye, Mike and Word for the awesome job they did blog-sitting and to Kelli for keeping the liberal trolls at bay. I hope for those of you who didn't already have them on your blogroll that you took the time to add them after seeing their insightful wisdom ;-).

I especially loved Skye's Birthday post for me. Thanks to all of you for the kind Birthday wishes. Also, when I got to see a little of Bush's speech that he made right here in KC on Fox News I found myself saying once again, "I just love that man". So I was glad to see Mike did an excellent post on it. On the way back to KC I heard Michael Medved saying that it was the best speech he'd heard Bush give in awhile and I would have to agree. It was wonderful to hear.

So what did I do while I was gone without much access to a computer?
--Relaxed
--Finally got a chance to read (A year later I finally finished Ann Coulter's book and started Jane Eyre)
--Ate fresh sweet corn, blueberries and concord grapes from my Dad's garden
--Went to the Warren Sand Dunes
--Swang on a porch swing (I loooove porch swings)
--Played games with my family
--Slept
--And I did keep up with my work-outs
--Watched episodes of Josh & Drake with my kids
Also, a belated Happy Birthday to my husband whose Birthday was five days before mine. And today is my oldest daughter's 13th Birthday so I am officially the mother of a teenager now, yikes!!

No comments: