Thursday, July 26, 2007

Thursday Smorgasbord


1) The University of Colorado finally comes to its' senses and fires Ward Churchill!! I can't tell you how happy I was to see this news 2 days ago. Amazingly, a leftist, propaganda professor is held accountable for his reprehensible behavior.

2) The Guardian Angels may be coming to KC! I lived in Chicago for 4 years while attending Moody Bible Institute. I would often see the Guardian Angels on the subway and my husband and I both thought they were a positive force that helped the city.

Curtis Sliwa, who founded the Angels is a conservative that Sean Hannity often has fill in for him as guest host when he is gone from his radio show.

3) Fascinating story of former NBA player Manute Bol and his passion for the people who live in his home country of Sudan.


4) I talked at length about Pratibha Patil, the first woman president of India on my radio show and other women leaders this past Monday. While researching for the show I had sought in vain to find out more info about the office of the presidency in India and the beliefs of the party she is associated with, the UPA (United Progressive Alliance). Patrick wrote an excellent post on politics in India. He also answered my question about women in Pakistan. Check both posts out, they are very informative.

For my previous post on women leaders, go here! The list of women leaders hasn't changed much since then with the exception of Patil.

No comments: