Thursday, July 12, 2007

Personal Meme


Its been awhile since I've done a personal post, so after RT tagged me with this meme I thought it would be fun to do. I've noticed its making its way around the blogosphere in different variations. Most of the time my policy is to not tag others so as not to torture anyone, but would love to see one and all do this.

8 Random Facts

1) Last week when my oldest daughter had her tonsils out I passed out in the recovery room. Of all the stressful situations I've survived I couldn't believe this is what caused me to pass out. The nurses said it happens all the time and for some reason it happens more often in the tonsillectomy wing. Bizarro!! I thought my daughter was too drugged up to really notice but she has had great fun re-telling the story of how she saw her Mom pass out.

2) I played Bunko with a group of friends the other night and had a blast!! For those of you who are familiar with personalities one of mine is Sanguine. I've decided that Bunko get-togethers are a Sanguine's paradise. You get to eat great food, talk with great friends, play a fun game and everyone leaves with prizes at the end of the night.

3) I've lost 11 lbs. recently, and am back to what I weighed in college. A friend of mine and I have been doing an exercise and eating accountability thing since May. I've lost about a lb. a week and I only have 2 lbs. to go to be at my target weight. I had a lot of fun recently buying new clothes in smaller sizes. We also have rewards each month. In May we got to order In-Style magazine and last month we got a pedicure.

4) I just finished listening to Sue Grafton's S is for Silence book on CD. Grafton writes mystery books and is a lot like Mary Higgins Clark. I think after this one I have now listened to all of her books. The main character is a private investigator and it is fun to listen to her adventures.

5) I will be teaching the 5th and 6th grade class at VBS in 2 weeks at my church.

6) I am reading The Children's Book of Heroes edited by Bill Bennett to my kids right now. Last night we read about Mother Theresa.

7) I just finished re-watching Season 1 of Prison Break. Season 1 is pure gold!! I liked season 2 but nothing can top season 1. Everyone does such a superb job and Michael Scofield comes across as the ultimate hero. I am also in awe of the character of T-bag who is truly despicable and yet he can still get you to feel sorry for him.

8) I love the State Fair and my friend and I take our kids every year. Missouri's is always held every summer in August.

No comments: