Monday, July 09, 2007

Monday Smorgasbord


Toon Credit: Glenn McCoy

1) Moore's latest propaganda film, Sicko!! The above cartoon made me laugh out loud. It describes how I feel about Moore's latest movie in a nutshell. A liberal friend emailed me this weekend and wanted to know if I planned on watching it. He had seen it and wanted to know what I thought about it. In the past I would've resisted the torture but now that I'm doing the blog and the radio show I may force myself to watch it just to be able to do a review. First, I have to find a way to see it without paying for it. I can't in good conscience pay full price to support his propaganda film. I'll either wait to see it in the $2 theater or more likely get it through Netflix.

2) Remember when Cindy Sheehan said she was giving up her addiction to being in the media spotlight? She lasted a whole 36 days. Now she is threatening to run against Nancy Pelosi as an Independent if Pelosi doesn't push for impeachment. I anticipate the race between them to be extremely entertaining.

3) Fred Thompson continues to elicit excitement and energy among Republicans. He calls the Democrats, "The Party of Despair", truer words could not be spoken. Here is a small excerpt of what he had to say at the Young Republicans National Convention:
In his speech, Thompson fired up the crowd when he said he was the top target of The New York Times and Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Rodham Clinton. He said the United States was the greatest country, and that set the audience off, too.

"I'm getting tired of having to apologize for the United States of America around the world," Thompson said. "I'm tired of other people's perceptions that we need to apologize."

He said voters will not support Democratic candidates who are "driving over a left-wing cliff." Thompson added, "I don't think the people are going to turn the keys of this country over to the party of despair."

4) While Fred Thompson's star is rising, McCain's continues to decline. To show how dismal things are becoming, Ron Paul is raising more money than him--a nut who doesn't have a prayer of getting the nomination.

5) The Economy is humming along, but you would never know it by watching the Drive By Media. BZ does a good job of highlighting it in his post, It's the Economy, Stupid! I left this comment at his blog:
It amazes me how Clinton got ALL THE CREDIT for the great economy and that was supposed to make his scandals not that important. But since Bush doesn't have Drive By Media allies he gets absolutely NO CREDIT for the great economy we have now.

Also, I firmly believe that the success of the economy in recent years can be attributed to Reagan's tax cuts and W's tax cuts. But you'll never hear it from the doom and gloom Drive By Media.

6) I have 2 new sites and a new blogroll to highlight.

--Fairness Doctrine Watch (hat tip: BZ)

--GOP Hub

--I Support Democracy in Iraq
7) My Pop Culture Blog--I started this blog entirely for my enjoyment. It doesn't matter to me if anyone else reads it, I just wanted a place to write about my favorite movies and shows. My latest is a review of the Lifetime TV show, Army Wives. They ran a marathon on 4th of July and I fell in love with the show.

8) Mike has an excellent post on Rudy's visit to South Carolina.

No comments: