1) I can't tell you how many times the above pic has been perfect for a post. When I saw that the Democrats were having a meltdown over having a debate on Fox I immediately thought of the crybaby seal. Here is an excerpt from an editorial that appeared in the Las Vegas Review-Journal:
"But liberals' aversion to Fox News has finally gone over the top. The Nevada Democratic Party had agreed to let the right-tilting network co-sponsor, of all things, an August debate in Reno between Democratic presidential candidates. Party officials were serious about drawing national attention to the state's January presidential caucus, the country's second in the 2008 nominating process. What better way for the party to reach conservative and "values" voters who might consider changing allegiances?Comedy Central sounds about right for a Democrat Debate forum ;-)!!
But the socialist, Web-addicted wing of the Democratic Party was apoplectic. The prospect of having to watch Fox News to see their own candidates would have been torture in itself. So they set the blogosphere aflame with efforts to kill the broadcast arrangement, or at least have all the candidates pull out of the event. Before Friday, the opportunistic John Edwards was the only candidate to jump on that bandwagon.
The approach of outfits such as MoveOn.org is so juvenile it's laughable. Imagine if every political organization created litmus tests for news organizations before agreeing to appear on their programming. Republicans would have boycotted PBS, CBS, NBC, ABC, National Public Radio and The Associated Press decades ago.
By Friday, the Nevada Democratic Party caved in to the lunatic fringe and began seeking a more "appropriate" television partner.
Comedy Central, perhaps?"
2) Mike details some great economic news. Of course, even though Clinton always got credit for the economy doing well Bush never will. The Drive By Media would never hear of giving credit to a Republican for anything.
3) Wyatt wishes Bin Laden a Happy 50th, Wyatt style!!
4) The leader of Al Qaeda in Iraq was captured! It is awesome news, but the liberals will find a way to put a negative spin on it.
5) A You tube search (by relevance) on the Republican candidates turns up all negative videos. This is not shocking since most conservatives are already aware of You tube's obvious bias but it is revealing. I would also have to admit seeing Romney in the debate w/Ted Kennedy totally supporting Roe vs. Wade reaffirms why I see him as having some problems with sincerity.
6) The candidate I supported for Mayor has already folded on supporting School Choice. I'm not surprised, just disappointed. The "progressive" liberals of Kansas City were hyperventilating at the thought of a KC Mayor who would actually support something new to try and make education better.
P.S. I've done scores of smorgasbords and no obnoxious liberal ever pointed out that I had been spelling the word wrong (smorgasboard). I now have the new Firefox that spell checks everything and I found out I had been spelling it wrong this entire time ;-)!!