Since the Drive By Media has a hard time talking about the good news in Iraq I thought I'd give a couple of examples.
1) There are some polls out showing that the Democrats' slow bleed plan isn't exactly what many Americans had in mind.
--This poll shows that 66% think winning in Iraq is important, and 58% think we will.
--According to Neil Newhouse this poll says:
The survey shows Americans want to win in Iraq, and that they understand Iraq is the central point in the war against terrorism and they can support a U.S. strategy aimed at achieving victory, said Neil Newhouse, a partner in POS. The idea of pulling back from Iraq is not where the majority of Americans are.
James Joyner talks about the poll and Iraq war attitudes. He breaks the poll down like this:
* 57% believe “The Iraq War is a key part of the global war on terrorism.”
* 57% “support finishing the job in Iraq, that is, keeping the troops there until the Iraqi government can maintain control and provide security for its people.
* 50% want our troops should stay and “do whatever it takes to restore order until the Iraqis can govern and provide security to their country” while only 17% favor immediate withdrawal
* 56% believe “Even if they have concerns about his war policies, Americans should stand behind the President in Iraq because we are at war.”
* 53% believe “The Democrats are going too far, too fast in pressing the President to withdraw the troops from Iraq.”
2) CBS's 60 Minutes did a segment on how Kurdistan loves the US (don't faint from the shock) and how that part of Iraq is peaceful and thriving.
--Hat tip: News Buckit
--I found it amusing that about 8 minutes into the interview with some of the Kurdish leaders the Drive By Media reporter says, "So the Kurds supported the U.S. invasion of Iraq?" The Kurdish leader immediately corrected him that it wasn't an invasion but a U.S. liberation. Burn!!!!!
I was so ecstatic to see him correct the reporter. Yet, it still enrages me that a reporter has the audacity to use the word invasion. Later in the video a young man who returned to Kurdistan from the U.S. told how when he was 6 Saddam's regime murdered his father and then charged his family for the bullets that were used. A reason was never even given for why he had been killed. This is what the U.S. saved the Kurds from and much more.
3) Gateway Pundit shows the positive progress that is already being made in Iraq from the Iraqis themselves in, Iraqi News Reports On The Surge in Baghdad.
--Also, from Iraq the Model
--The Iraqis have an anti-terrorism media campaign with this as their mission:
All religions, human codes and ethics, and even our most primitive intuition regard terrorism to be villainous. True Islam also rejects and condemns terrorism.
‘Terrorism has no religion’ is our on-going communication campaign against extremist ideology that breeds terrorism, and we use Quranic Verses in their true Islamic meaning; free of the distortion committed by the misguided malicious terrorists.
4) Skye talks about Iraqi progress also in her post, Deflecting Defeat.
5) "Tell the American people we need the U.S. Army here"
--Hat tip: Victory Caucus
--An interview with Iraqi soldiers
6) Pat Dollard is one of the first to reveal the 11 point plan for Victory in Iraq.