Thursday, January 25, 2007

Don't Mess With Me!!


"I'm in a dress, I have gel in my hair, I haven't slept all night, I'm starved and I'm armed--Don't mess with me!!"--Sandra Bullock in Miss Congeniality

I love to use movie lines to relate to what I'm feeling or experiencing in life and the above quote expresses exactly how I feel right now. Personally and politically its been a rough past couple of days and I feel like I'm surrounded by pessimists. I'm pretty optimistic but even I can only withstand so much negativity. I won't bore you with the details but I am going to list some of the things ticking me off and then I'll end with the good news since we can all use some.

THINGS THAT ARE TICKING ME OFF

Toon Credit: Glenn McCoy

1) Al Gore's ridiculous propaganda movie getting nominated for an Oscar. Basically it comes down to the fact that if you make a politically correct movie with no fact checkers and you bash the President, conservatives or Republicans you're bound to get an Oscar nod. Just ask Michael Moore. Speaking of Gore's propaganda movie Lone Pony did an excellent review of it.

2) Have I mentioned recently that I'm not a McCain fan?


(This video has been making the rounds of the blogs but it is so good that I had to post it. It tells the truth about both Matthews and Hillary.)

3) The Drive By Media drooling over Hillary. Monday night I was working out at the gym and unfortunately their TV channel options still suck!! While I was doing cardio I could see 3 different TV's all on Broadcast News stations. They were ALL interviewing Hillary. You could tell Katie Couric was just beyond ecstatic. Always on the Watch has a great post about all the questions that the Drive By Media should ask Hillary but never will.

Toon Credit: Cox and Forkum

4) The conservatives that are bashing Bush. I feel like so many of these people are kicking W when he is down. He has done so much good for this country and I feel like he gets no credit for that from people on either side of the aisle. The Michael Savage Conservatives helped the Republicans lose in '06 and at the rate they are going we will lose in '08 as well.


5) The Democrats and Traitor Hagel passing their resolution against Bush's new troop surge plan for the war.

THINGS THAT I AM CHEERING ABOUT

1) The Cheneys are Awesome!
--Dick Cheney takes on Wolf Blitzer
--Liz Cheney's wonderful article

Toon Credit: Michael Ramirez
Hat tip: Timothy

2) A great cartoon

3) Kerry isn't going to insult our intelligence or torture us by running for the presidency again. Thank the Lord for small favors!!


4) Five friends and I are all going to see Jennifer Garner's newest movie tomorrow night.

No comments: