Monday, December 04, 2006

This Week's Awards


Gag Me With a Spoon Award

Its been awhile since I've done some awards so I thought it might be fun to hit some highlights. Its really been a long time since I've given away a Gag Me With a Spoon award so I figure I'm past due. Amazingly I couldn't think of one person in particular that has ticked me off more than another so the award goes as a whole to "Airhead, liberal celebrities". I know that describes most but I'm sure there are some who still have some decency and character left. My problem is I enjoy movies and Tv so it makes it hard for me when they start opening their big, fat mouths.

As I mentioned earlier in the week a lot of them have been suffering from foot in mouth disease. Michael Richards, Danny Devito and then this weekend Gwyneth Paltrow. I hate this because I like Paltrow just like I love Goldie Hawn and Drew Barrymore. Yet, when all 3 of them have opened their mouths they come across as complete airheads. The bottom line is Laura Ingraham had it right in her book, "Shut-up and Sing". These people are good at their jobs which is acting. When it comes to politics and current events they need to SHUT-UP because they don't have a clue what they are talking about.

Hero Award

Dennis Miller wins for being a celebrity with common sense and for being able to mix humor with truth and to be able to do it well!!

Best New blogger Awards

These 2 big time bloggers aren't new to the blog world just new to me. I stumbled across Joel Rosenberg's blog via Suzie and Passionate America via Little Orange Fox. Joel Rosenberg has an excellent post on the Russian poisoning cases and Vladimir Putin. Wild Bill at Passionate America has a really good blog and he has ventured into radio. My desire to want to do radio someday has intrigued me to tune in this week to his show.

Best Post Awards

Becky and Skye outdid themselves this week and win the award of best posts of the week. Skye had her excellent post where she wrote the awesome letter to Hitler Jr. Becky (Lone Pony) did a wonderful review post on the movie Obsession.


Best Movie Award

Two of my friends and I got together for movie night or our "estrogen fest" as my husband calls them. I talked them into watching Iron Jawed Angels with me. This movie so inspires me to get out there and fight for a just cause. We talked about how maybe it is time to really get serious about the pro-life cause. The movement seems to have stagnated and maybe its time that conservative women do something about it.

The pic of the boots are what I call my suffragette boots that I just recently bought. I love them and they remind me of boots that women wore during the 1920's thus they are "suffragette boots".

Best Quote Awards

My quote of the week in the sidebar is one that I had in my quotes post:

"It's better to be hated for who you are, then be loved for who you're not."--Kurt Cobain from Nirvana

I also found one of my favorite quotes of all time in Becky's Obsession post:

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." ~Edmund Burke

I have had that quote on an index card somewhere in my house for over 10 years. It is the quote that best sums up my passion and desire to be involved in politics. It sums up my political philosophy!!

No comments: