Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Projects and Headlines


I'm trying to use this week to get a bunch of projects done at home. I actually sorted through 4 boxes of paper clutter that I had let pile up over the year. I'm still in shock that I got it all done. I'm actually caught up on reading my newspapers as well. I can't tell you how long it has been since I've been able to do either of those things. Yet there is still a bunch of things to be done that I got woefully behind on this hectic year so I'm still plugging away.

That said I haven't been blogging but I thought I'd pop in and mention some headlines. As you can see by the cartoon it looks like Saddam is going to hang. If you have done your homework on Saddam or seen any of the A&E documentaries on him and his sons you will know that justice is being served even if its a little late.


I feel bad but I can't evoke a whole lot of emotion about Gerald Ford passing. I respected him as an American President and I mourn his loss but thats about it. I don't think he did a very good job as president and he never did anything afterwards to help my respect level for him to grow. He was the epitome of compromise and moderation, neither of which I'm a fan of. Although I did love how real Betty Ford was and appreciated her outspokenness even if I didn't agree with her on many issues. Mike gives a nice tribute to Ford and mentions how much Betty was loved.


It is hard to find anyone these days who is a fan of Democrat prosecutor Mike Nifong. I'm not sure who is advising this guy but whoever they are, they aren't too bright. I'm all for pursuing people who actually commit rapes with the harshest penalties possible. In fact I think this country is too soft on rapists. Yet, you don't go after 3 men when you don't have any evidence and drag their reputations through the mud for a whole year. I think this is despicable what has been done to these men and the fact that Nifong is keeping some of these baseless charges is reckless. It concerns me how much power some of these judges and prosecutors have when they become activists who go after politically correct causes and ruin people's lives in the process.


I got this picture in an email recently and it just cracked me up. The line next to it said something like "Don't we all have days where we feel like doing this to someone?" I know I do :-)!!

No comments: