Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Quotes

Painting Hat tip: Patrick

I posted this thanksgiving pic today because tomorrow is not only Thanksgiving but my son's 7th birthday and I'll have to post a cute pic of him.

I've been collecting a lot of neat quotes lately. They are all so good I thought they would make a neat post. I found several of them at people's blogs and linked to them if I remembered where I found them. We have a lot to be thankful for this thanksgiving season and these quotes remind us of some of the reasons why.


My 1st quote is from a special 4 yr. old who is a friend of mine's daughter. As some of you may remember I did a post a year ago about my beloved pastor passing away. It seems hard to believe he's been gone a year. I can't help but think that Heaven is a little richer having him but earth is a little less special without him. My friend's family was listening to a song and the 4 yr. old granddaughter of my pastor said "I always cry along with this song when I hear it on our cd. Because of the dying Grandpa." It was beyond sweet and my friend said they all teared up hearing her say it. Out of the mouths of babes.

Now onto the rest of the quotes:


"This country was founded and built by people with great dreams and the courage to take great risks."--Ronald Reagan (Right Wing Rebel)

"In politics, if you want anything said, ask a man; if you want anything done ask a woman."--Margaret Thatcher

"It's amazing how much panic one honest man can spread among a multitude of hypocrites."--Thomas Sowell(Sister Toldjah)

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope." ~ Sir Winston Churchill(Mark)

"It's better to be hated for who you are, then be loved for who you're not."--Kurt Cobain from Nirvana

"Do not pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men."-John F. Kennedy

"America has never been united by blood or birth or soil. We are bound by ideals that move us beyond our backgrounds, lift us above our interests and teach us what it means to be citizens." ~ George W. Bush(Mark)

"We can't accommodate terrorism. When someone uses the slaughter of innocent people to advance a so-called political cause, at that point the political cause becomes immoral and unjust and they should be eliminated from any serious discussion, any serious debate." ~ Rudy Giuliani(Mark)

"With reasonable men I will reason; with humane men I will plea; but to tyrants I will give no quarter, nor waste arguments where they will certainly be lost." ~ William Lloyd Garrison(Mark)

No comments: