Wednesday, November 08, 2006

I didn't get drunk last night but I wish I would have


Okay, for anyone who is offended by my title I blame it all on my friend Joia. She came up with the title and I was so upset last night that I couldn't resist.

There is no way to spin last night and I'm not even going to try. This is going to be a brutally honest post. Last night sucked!! I put my heart into working on causes that I genuinely believed in and they all lost. I stayed at Joia's until after 1:00 am and if only you could've been a fly on the wall to hear some of the things we were saying. At one point Joia is giving me this talk and I look/glare at her and say, "Joia, that sounds like something Falwell would say and I'm not buying it." She started to defend it and then admitted that she was grasping at straws. So thats what we did most of the night, grasp at straws and come up with hilarious statements about Democrats and eat junk food.

At first I thought I was too mad/frustrated to cry but on my way home at 1:30 I had a good cry. Life goes on, our causes are still worthy, God is still sovereign and God is still on his throne. But in this post I'm going to mourn our losses. I'll be back to my optimistic self soon enough but for now I will grieve for what we lost.

And to be honest the people I'm the most mad at today are the Michael Savage "supposed" conservatives who undermined our own party and president. I hope bashing the President, Rumsfeld and our party was worth getting stuck with Pelosi and Reid. And I hope you are happy with your tax hikes, amnesty and being less safe from terrorists because thats what you've accomplished.

No comments: