Monday, November 13, 2006

Fun Stuff

SNL Nancy Pelosi skit

Amazingly enough I found out about this video through my parents. They told me they had seen it saturday night and I went and dug it up through You tube. You will either laugh or cry because even though so much of it is funny it rings true.

Toon Credit: Glenn McCoy


I have never been a fan of vegetables. My dad always had a big garden and I'm sure my parents thought I was adopted because of my eating habits. They had to force me to eat about every vegetable imaginable, my dad specialized in brussel sprouts, yuck!! So when I left for college I felt like I was free to never eat vegetables again. I love fruit so I ate lots of that. I actually had guys that I dated try to get me to eat salad. I would just look at them like they were crazy because there was no one who was going to make me eat vegetables again if I didn't want to. Now when I was pregnant and nursing I ate veggies for the benefit of my kids but after I was done I reverted to my old ways.

When I went to the gym to lose my last couple of pounds of baby fat I was ecstatic to learn that I could control my calories without forcing myself to eat lots of vegetables. So I finally stopped feeling guilty about it and ate fruit. Now between ecoli issues and the following article by Jay Leno I feel vindicated. He hasn't eaten a vegetable since before I was born :-).


Here is an excerpt from the article:
Why Jay’s sticking to pizza

I’m a meat, chicken, potatoes, pasta kind of guy. I eat a lot of junk food like pizza, hamburgers and hot dogs. When I have a soda, I have a soda—not a diet soda. I don’t think I’ve ever had a salad, actually. And I don’t think I’ve had a vegetable since 1969. My mother gave up on trying to make me eat them.

I was stuck between two worlds growing up: My family was half-Scotch and half-Italian. Dinner with the Italian side would be meatballs, pizza, lasagna and a cannoli for dessert. And when I would go to my Scottish aunt’s house, she would give me a stale scone and a warm glass of Coca-Cola. And at my house, my mom would pour milk in a pitcher and pour it back in the carton afterward. God forbid you ever put the carton on the table.

No comments: