Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Tattoo Dilemma


I was reading an article in the KC Star last night entitled, "Today, tattoos not a stigma". Here is a clip:
"Never before have tattoos been as mainstream. Gone are the days when the only people who visited tattoo shops were sailors and bikers.

“My clientele has changed completely,” said Mace Arnold, who owns Body Art in Overland Park. “Now, everybody gets tattoos. Bankers, lawyers, doctors, everybody.”
Does that include Youth Pastors' wives :-)?
It got me to thinking. I had this lightbulb moment about 6 months ago that I wanted a tattoo. As I have mentioned before after my struggles with fear and anxiety came to a head in 2001 and I dealt with them I have felt like I have a new lease on life. I'm really living and enjoying life now like I never have before. A tattoo seems to be a very fitting way to express some of that.

The dilemma comes in that my husband is a Youth Pastor at a pretty conservative church. I think most people realize that a tattoo isn't a sign of a lack of spirituality but I know for a fact that some people at our church would literally have a cow. My husband has no problem with me getting one but has warned me that it is likely to cause some controversy. I would get something pretty small and feminine and it wouldn't be overly noticeable but probably wouldn't be completely hidden 100 % of the time.

So anyway not sure what I'm going to do. Feel free to weigh in with your thoughts and comments :-).

No comments: