Sunday, August 13, 2006

Contentment


I think Contentment is hard for most people but I genuinely suck at it!! This is something I've been struggling with lately so this post is more for me than it is for anyone else but I suspect many will be able to relate.

We all wish we had just one more thing and then we would be content/happy. I am very thankful for the many blessings in my life but I have a hard time with self-control and self-discipline. I've worked hard so I deserve such and such. And there is that thin line between not putting off things and enjoying life and yet knowing when to say no.

For several years after the company my husband worked for went belly-up we struggled financially. It was a difficult time and yet God always provided. This past year God finally enabled us to be in a place that was doable but still tight. Its just a matter of sticking to a budget for which my personality (Sanguine) hates with a passion. Tonight my husband and I sat down for the millionth time to try and come up with a workable budget. I feel pretty good about it but would covet your prayers that I would be able to stick to it.

This is probably more personal info than what I should share but it has been on my heart and I felt I needed to post about it. Below are some good verses about contentment:

1 Timothy 6:6--"But godliness actually is a means of great gain, when accompanied by contentment."

Philippians 4:11--"Not that I speak from want; for I have learned to be content in whatever circumstances I am."

No comments: