Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Blogs of Summer

Toon Credit: Calvin & Hobbes

I am doing a bunch of research for a Hezbollah post and then I spent last night in the hospital so I decided to post this fun stuff first and then post my Hezbollah one tomorrow. My husband had emergency surgery last night to get his appendix out. Two days ago when he told me he was in pain and was going to the Dr. yesterday I was concerned. My husband never goes to the Dr. and has a pretty high tolerance for pain so I knew it was a big deal. But the surgery went well and he should be able to come home sometime today.



I got an email about joining the Blogs of Summer and about the Blogs of Summer Awards. I talked him into adding political blogs as an additional category. Here are the details:

Welcome to the Blogs of Summer Awards!
Nominations accepted Wednesday, July 19 (I couldn't wait!) through Sunday, July 23.
Voting will occur July 24 - July 27 (at different blogs, watch for details).
Winners & awards will be announced back here on Friday, July 28th.

Nominate the Best of Summer Blogs
Each Category Will Be Posted Tomorrow!

UPDATE: We've added a 6th category - the Best Political Blogs of Summer.
So, the 6 categories accepting nominations are:

1) Chick & Mommy Blogs
2) Humor & Satire Blogs
3) Milblogs/Military Support Blogs
4) Random Blogs That Don't Fit a Category
5) Kitty Kat Blogs (And Other Assorted Pets)
6) Political Blogs (Back by Popular Request)


Use either Blogger or Haloscan comment popups for your nominations.
You can nominate up to 5 blogs in each category (including your own).
No vulgar, hate, or anti-God blogs accepted. No anonymous nominations.
The Top 10 Nominations will make it to the final round for the official vote.
(Ergo, you actually want lots of people to nominate you - so go solicit votes :-)
Will list the nominations in each category as soon as possible so you can visit them

I will nominate my blog and some others in the different categories. So I'm encouraging you guys to spread the word and ofcourse I am soliciting nominations and votes :-). Go here to nominate and vote.

No comments: