Friday, July 21, 2006

2008 GOP Straw Poll


Well, I tried in vain to get the poll from Gop Bloggers and Blogs for Bush to work. For some reason when I cut and pasted the code it didn't work no matter what I did. So I said, I'll just do my own poll. Mike did one awhile back and many of us voiced our opinions very clearly :-). We were supposed to award 5 points either between different candidates or all for our favorite. Troll cracked me up with his descriptions so I took the time to do my own. Here were my descriptions of the different choices in candidates:
John McCain--Over my dead body & when h*ll freezes over and any other strong phrase you can think of.

Bill Frist--Ditto Troll's assessment--no chance in h*ll

Chuck Hagel & George Pataki--Gag me with a spoon!!

Mike Huckabee--Don't have a clue who this guy is which means he doesn't have a prayer!!

Sam Brownback & Newt Gingrich--Great guys but I don't think they have a prayer of winning the nomination let alone the presidency.

Mitt Romney--not a true conservative thus not a good choice in my opinion

Tom Tancredo & George Allen--Great conservatives but not sure if they have enough charisma to pull off a general election.

Jeb Bush--Love this man a ton but like Troll says its not his time yet!!

Condi Rice & Rudy Giuliani--I love these two!! Rudy is a little too liberal on social issues but I love his passion & justice oriented views!! I give Condi 4 points and Rudy 1 point even though Condi says she won't run. She would be my first choice.

So now you know how I feel let me know your takes. Here are the candidates to pick from:

Condoleezza Rice
John McCain
Rudy Giuliani
Mitt Romney
Newt Gingrich
Bill Frist
Jeb Bush
George Pataki
George Allen
Tom Tancredo
Sam Brownback
Chuck Hagel
Mike Huckabee

And somebody please tell me who Mike Huckabee is??? I don't know anything about him.

UPDATE: A commenter has a site for Mike Huckabee with a lot of info about him. I have to admit after reading about him I am pretty impressed. I will need to hear him speak before really forming an opinion but on paper he looks pretty good. Here is the link: Mike Huckabee President 2008.

No comments: