Sunday, June 18, 2006

Happy Father's Day!!!


Well, I had a great Father's Day Calvin & Hobbes cartoon but for some reason it wouldn't post right. The pic was black and you couldn't read the words. So what picture to post for my Father's Day post?? I started thinking of my dad and what picture would be appropriate for him. Victor Garber who played Sydney's dad on Alias reminds me a lot of my dad. So I thought how fitting to post a pic of Sydney w/her dad. So Happy Father's Day Dad--I love you!!

My husband has been really disciplined about his eating and exercise over the past 7 months or so. He's lost a lot of weight and is doing great. So for lunch today he wanted to splurge--we talked about various restaurants and he decides on Pizza Street's buffet. Definitely not my ideal place to eat but its Father's Day and the kids were happy :-))).

I also wanted to post a song that has really been speaking to me lately. I'm going to post the words and please take the time to go to the link to hear the song. It is really good. I tried to find a You Tube video of it that I could actually post on my blog but the only version was some people who completely butchered the song.
Here's the link to hear the song, just click on listen to demonstration performance of this song. Here are the lyrics:

My Savior My God Aaron Shust lyrics
Artist: Aaron Shust
Album: Anything Worth Saying
Year: 2005
Title: My Savior My God

I am not skilled to understand
What God has willed, what God has planned
I only know at his right hand
Stands one who is my savior

I take him at his word and deed
Christ died to save me this I read
And in my heart I find a need
For him to be my savior

That he would leave his place on high
And come for sinful man to die
You count it strange, so once did I
Before I knew my savior

My savior loves, my savior lives
My savior's always there for me
My God he was, my God he is
My God he's always gonna be

Yes, living, dying; let me bring
My strength, my solace from this spring
That he who lives to be my king
Once died to be my savior

That he would leave his place on high
And come for sinful man to die
You count it strange, so once did I
Before I knew my savior

My savior loves, my savior lives
My savior's always there for me
My God he was, My God he is
My God he's always gonna be

And Happy Father's Day to all the Dads!!!!!!!

No comments: