It is time once again for a run down of the news--the good, the bad and the ugly.
1) Our Awesome President is in Iraq today speaking to the troops and meeting with the Iraqi Prime Minister.
2) Karl Rove isn't going to be charged in the CIA leak case. And the good news just keeps on coming :-)))!!
3) A Kansas City Subdivision is going to be off-limits to sex offenders. I think this is one of the best ideas I've heard yet. If this area was closer to me and in my price range you can bet I'd be moving there. I'm sure the liberals and the ACLU will be howling in protest but I can't think of a better way to keep your kids safe.
4) The Democrats are having a bad run of luck lately. They have no ideas on how to make things better and their attacks on Republicans are coming up empty. They scream and scream about how awful the Republicans are and how they are going to take the House and the Senate back in the fall. But the first race to give an indicator of how true that is doesn't pan out for them.
And Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid have talked about the Culture of Corruption till the cows come home when it turns out the dems have more of an issue with that. Lets see, where do we start? William Jefferson (who is so arrogant he refuses to step down), Harry Reid, Cynthia McKinney, etc...
5) Despite how the liberals try to spin it the death of Zarqawi is truly a big victory and providing a morale booster for side of the Victors. The War on Terror is going well despite the negative spin by the libs and the MSM. I found a quote on The Hedgehog blog that I thought was very telling. The Vietnam war wasn't lost because of inferior fire power but because the anti-war activists were successful at disheartening the American people. Here's the quote:
"We were not strong enough to drive out a half-million American troops, but that wasn't our aim. Our intention was to break the will of the American government to continue the war."
--North Vietnamese General Vo Nguyen Giap, in a 1990 interview with historian Stanley Karnow.
The reason we won't lose the War on Terror is because George W. Bush won't back down and give up and give in to the anti-war activists like Nixon did. This is what W said to the Iraqi Prime Minister just today:
“I’ve come to not only look you in the eye,” Bush told al-Maliki. “I also come to tell you that when America gives its word, it keeps its word.
THE BAD & THE UGLY:
1) Al Gore is back and boring even members of his own party. Tipper announced today that she's ready for another White House run. Yah--you can just feel the enthusiasm!!
2) The Supreme Court is giving rights back to death row inmates. William Rehnquist is rolling over in his grave.
3) Many Sex Offenders live near schools despite buffer zone laws.
4) Faith-Based Prison Program Ruled Unconstitutional. Chuck Colson's Prison Fellowship Ministries is an awesome program. I hope this decision is overruled by a higher court. Barry Lynn won't be happy until we take God out of everything.
My First Good, Bad and Ugly post