Thursday, June 15, 2006

100 Things


My blog has always been more of a political blog than a personal one but every once in awhile I enjoy throwing personal things on here. I have seen many people on personal blogs list "100 Things about themselves". I have often thought of doing that and Little Orange Fox did a mini version yesterday so it inspired me to finally do one. So here it goes (my list is in no particular order)and I would love to see everyone on my blogroll do this if they haven't already. I know of 2 people who have done it. Check out Clew's and Mark's. Patrick keeps mentioning how eclectic I am, and I suppose thats true as you look at my list.

I ended up spending way too much time on this but it was fun and therapeutic :-). Enjoy!!

100 Things
1) I trusted in Jesus as My Savior when I was 13 yrs. old at Northside Calvary Memorial Church
2) My spiritual mentor (Pastor's wife & Sunday School Teacher) who led me to the Lord has her own blog
3) My parents are still married after 38 yrs.
4) I have 2 younger brothers
5) I always wanted a sister
6) I was born in Ohio and I've lived in Michigan, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Illinois and Missouri
7) My dad used to work for the U.S. Forest Service
8) My best friend in highschool planned the best surprise birthday party for me for my 16th birthday
9) Most of my life I have been blessed with great friends
10) I am a defeated Perfectionist (which means I would like things to be perfect but they very rarely are :-))
11) In highschool and college I taught CEF backyard Bible Clubs
12) My SS Teacher (who is an author) helped me write an article about my experiences that got published in a Christian magazine
13)I love fruit and hate vegetables
14) I made a list in highschool of what I wanted my future husband to be like and my husband ended up having most of the things on my list
15) I played the clarinet in highschool
16) A very close friend of mine committed suicide when I was 17. Her name was Monica and I named my oldest daughter after her.
17) She wrote a suicide note to me that the police wouldn't let me read until a year later.
18) I wrote a small article about this trauma that got published in a Christian magazine and a letter that got read on Christian Radio.
19) I went to Moody Bible Institute and graduated in 1992--in some ways I consider those 4 yrs. some of the best years of my life
20) I also met my husband at Moody and got married in 1992
21) I had my oldest daughter when I was 24 and my mom had me when she was 24.
22) My Pastor in highschool believed in me and challenged me and treated me like a person not a worthless teenager.
23) It was because of my pastor and his wife that I went to Moody.
24) I have gone on Missions Trips to Puerto Rico (on a Naval Base), Monterrey, Mexico and Oklahoma (Choctaw Indians)
25) I dated a Choctaw Indian :-)
26) I got made fun of a lot in elementary school.
27) I want to be a Radio Talk Show Host some day.
28) I would love to live in the South, Southwest or West someday.
29) My 1st 2 kids are 18 months apart, the 2nd 2 are 21 months apart and my youngest 2 are 23 months apart. All my kids were born in the 90's while Slick Willie was president.
30) I used to have panic attacks and struggled pretty heavily w/anxiety. It all came to a head in 2001 and I got counseling and was able to overcome it for the most part although it will always be my achilles heel.
31) I paid very little attention to current events and politics until I was out of college. I didn't really get hooked until '97 when I was outraged about Clinton's indiscretions and it seemed like so many others didn't care.
32) I love Harley-Davidson's and leather jackets.
33) My life verses are: Jeremiah 33:3, 2 Corinthians 1:3-4, 12:8-10
34) I love Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity & Ann Coulter.
35) I love TV.
36) I love to go to the pool but don't like to swim.
37) I want to be able to travel a lot some day and see all the Presidential Museums & houses.
38) I love history, current events, politics and pop culture.
39) I am a Youth Pastor's Wife.
40) I am an Awana Director of Truth & Training Girls.
41) I teach Children's Church.
42) I'm a night owl and usually go to bed between 1-2 am.
43) I like to lift weights.
44) I would rather have McDonald's than a gourmet meal.
45) I would love to have a tattoo someday.
46) My personality is Sanguine-Melancholy which means I like to have fun but also like to be organized, perfectionistic and detail oriented.
47) My personality doesn't have one ounce of phlegmatic--the laid back one.
48) I usually hate or love things, not a whole lot of in between.
49) I love to read but it never seems like I have time.
50) I love geography now, even though in school I didn't know where Europe was.
51) I'm an optimist.
52) My real name is Dionne and I was named after Dionne Warwick.
53) Because of my name people sometimes think I'm black or a guy before they meet me (obviously).
54) I had lots of nicknames growing up and got teased (in a good way) a lot. Probably one of my favorites was Neon Deon after the football/baseball player Deon.
55) I talk a lot and loudly. My dad was convinced I had a hearing problem growing up. The main thing I got in trouble for in college was being too loud after quite hours :-).
56) I was on and off bedrest when I was pregnant with my youngest son. I had an abrupted placenta that resulted in him having mild brain damage.
57) As a result he has developmental delays which are similar to mild cerebral palsy. He didn't walk until he was 2 1/2, and he didn't talk much until he was 3 1/2. He has mild ataxia.
58) I was devastated when he was diagnosed at 10 months. I just told someone the other day that if I could've seen how well he's doing now, then, I wouldn't have taken it so hard.
59) I threw firecrackers out my dorm window and put smoke bombs in the stairwells.
60) In a lot of ways I don't feel like I really started living and embracing life until after dealing w/my fears and anxieties.
61) I love blogging.
62) Things I love fresh, straight from the garden/patch/vine: corn on the cob, strawberries, blueberries and concord grapes.
63) I wrote for my highschool newspaper and loved it.
64) I was basically the only conservative Christian on the newspaper staff. I was one of only 2 votes against writing an editorial endorsing giving out condoms in the public school.
65) I went to a Jesus People church while attending Moody. They had the best worship music I've ever experienced.
66) I'm still nostalgic about the 80's.
67) One of my best moments from highschool was winning a debate. My friend and I debated another team on the topic of evolution. We kicked butt and won the debate hands down. It felt really good!!
68) I love Little House on the Prairie and Anne of Green Gables.
69) I love Michael Landon and the character he played on Little House.
70) I collect salt and pepper shakers. I have some from many different states and countries.
71) I yell at the TV/Radio when liberals make me mad.
72) I love Fox News and hate CNN.
73) I love having cable, a cell phone and high speed internet.
74) I worked at Burger King in highschool.
75) My husband thinks I'm crazy but I like to watch Lifetime movies.
76) I like learning about the Mob and serial killers.
77) I've volunteered in a Crisis Pregnancy Center.
78) I've participated in Life Chains.
79) I love music.
80) I memorized the Gettysburg Address in 8th grade.
81) I am good at bowling and was on a league in junior high.
82) I used to be a nanny.
83) I was fired for teaching the kids about God.
84) I love Focus on the Family and James Dobson.
85) Focus on the Family is the main reason why I decided to homeschool my kids and whetted my appetite for politics.
86) The movie "Cheaper by the Dozen" reminds me of my husband and I and our kids even though I only have 4.
87) I like to play card and board games with my family and friends.
88) I love Guesstures, Pit and Phase 10.
89) I would love to live on a ranch in a log cabin.
90) I love reading Presidential biographies and have read a lot.
91) I have heard George W. Bush, Ann Coulter, Rudy Giuliani and Laura Ingraham speak in person.
92) I have met John Ashcroft, Sean Hannity, David Limbaugh and Dick & Lynne Cheney.
93) I like war movies.
94) I love Alias, Prison Break, 24, Little House on the Prairie, Seinfeld, That 70's Show, Lost, Roswell and many other shows.
95) I have a lot of favorite movies but if you made me pick one I would pick "Braveheart".
96) I had a dog named Buddy growing up. He meant a lot to me and I still remember the day he disappeared when I was like 4 or 5 yrs. old.
97) A great friend gave me my 1st leather jacket on my 21st birthday.
98) 3rd grade camp was one of the worst weeks of my life and 8th grade camp was one of the best.
99) I love my Bible.
100) I love the song "Watch me Shine"

No comments: