Sunday, February 12, 2006

Worth Looking At


I wanted to turn your attention to some excellent posts at several blogs today. But I always have to have a picture for each post so I was trying to decide on one . A friend sent this pic to me recently along with the transcript of Rush talking about the show 24. The problem with this picture for me is who do I be jealous of? Both of these men are high on my list of people I'd love to meet. So I guess the ideal would be if I could meet both of them and get my picture taken with them at the same time :-). Now to the blogs.

First is Wordsmith's blog Sparks from the Anvil. It is an excellent blog and already a favorite of mine. He has 2 great videos worth checking out. The first one is of Cindy Sheehan that he put together himself. The second one is hilarious. It is a clip from a show that isn't politically correct about why this guy is a Republican. (Warning: Subject material would probably be rated at least PG-13)

Second is Patrick's blog. He is a great storyteller. He tells a true story about his life that I just found greatly encouraging and inspiring. Take the time to read it, I think you will be glad you did.

Third, Grey Ghost addressed the Harry Reid situation this week. I knew as soon as I heard Howard Dean bragging about how the democrats weren't involved with Abramoff it wouldn't be long before he would have egg on his face. I already posted that most democrats had been given money by Abramoff associates. Now I would like to hear Nancy Pelosi's favorite speech on "Culture of Corruption" applied to her buddy Reid.

14 comments:

Revka said...

What a great picture!!! I love it!!
Rush is so awesome, and I love Jack!!
Anyway, the boys just broke out fighting.. Need to go..

Patrick Joubert Conlon said...

Thanks for the plug, LMC. You're a kind person.

keltic&swiss said...

Love the picture. What a nice friend you have to alert you to it. :-)

But, seriously, think about Rush & KiefJack... Rush has had, what, three marriages? Imagine being married to Mr Always-Right. And KiefJack is always off saving the world, do you think he's going to respond to a wife's plea for attention? "Honey, could you please take out the trash?" "I'm Bauer. Jack Bauer. Do you think I have time for trash? The only trash I take out is evil terrorists!"

Little Miss Chatterbox said...

Rebecca: I agree!!

Patrick: You're welcome!

Kelli: You so crack me up. I laughed so hard :-). I must admit you are right in all your points.

But I will be the first to admit that I wouldn't want to be married to a lot of people that I admire. Rush especially because part of what makes people successful isn't always what is conducive to a happy family life. But I would still love to meet him.

I still remember hearing George Verwer speak at a missions conference. He is an awesome, passionate speaker and I thought he was great. But he shared a couple of stories of his interactions with his wife when they were dating. It was enough for me to realize that I did not envy his wife at all.

Mr. Grey Ghost said...

Thanks, as always, for the support LMC....you know that you're one of my favorite bloggers as well. Which reminds me that I need to get back to doing some of my potpourri's on fellow bloggers and what they're writing about. But thanks again, it's much appreciated.

The WordSmith from Nantucket said...

Thanks for plugging my video. Probably the best thing I've contributed to "our side".

You are a fun blogger, and I'm glad to have you on my blogroll. It's funny because I first noticed you over at 4 Rows Back, but I think It took Gayle and you posting on the Helen Thomas pictures for me to finally get over to your blog.

Little Miss Chatterbox said...

GG & Wordsmith: You guys are welcome.

Assorted Babble by Suzie said...

The moment I read a VIDEO and CINDY I started laughing...and can't wait to head there. (LOL) I love that picture you posted. AWESOME. I am in a rush....gotta go now!!! (LOL) Be back soon!! Love ya...

Gayle said...

Hi Suzie. It is a great picture. And I'm with you on the Rush thing: I love to listen to him but I would not like to be married to him. I believe he would be a bit overbearring (to say the least.) Also, he probably would not spend much time at home. Don't know how good he would be with kids either, and would probably never find out because he doesn't spend much time at home! :)

Little Miss Chatterbox said...

Suzie & Gayle: Agree with both of you :-).

Assorted Babble by Suzie said...

Gayle: (LOL-LOL) I meant I was in a RUSH to look at the VIDEO!!! (LOL) I can't quit laughing sorry!!!
Hook, Line and Sinker...Cindy and Video in the same sentence. (LOL)

Rebekah said...

I love Rush, too! Also, I agree with Gayle, though. :)

I'd watch that video, but with (Grrr!) dialup, it's just impossible.

ABFreedom said...

Uhhhhhhh..... again with the guy thing ... sheeesh ... sorry but it ain't gonna work .... I just will never lean that way ... Sorry, couldn't resist .. LOL

I'll check out all the links ...

KEvron said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.