Thursday, February 02, 2006

Tribute To My Fellow Bloggers


(I wanted to have a picture of a group of friends. Then I thought I would post a picture of a group of friends from one of my favorite shows. So it was a toss up between "Seinfeld" and "That 70's Show" and as you can see "That 70's Show" won.)

I felt bad about my recent post where I was only able to list 5 blogs that I visit daily. I try to visit most of the blogs on my blogroll daily or on a fairly consistent basis. That is getting harder and harder as my blogroll grows :-). But I'm very picky about who I put on there so it's a great group of people. All that to say I wanted to highlight the wonderful people on my blogroll. I've never introduced people as I've added them so I figured dedicating a post was a good idea.
So here it goes.

Rebecca of Revka's Take and I embarked on this blogging venture together. Rebecca was one of my only friends that was as obsessed about politics as I was. We knew we were driving our other friends crazy being on our soapboxes all the time so the blog thing sounded like a good idea :-). We used to go to the same church and we both have special needs kids. We also both got to go see Sean Hannity together when he came to Kansas City.

Bloviating Zeppelin was one of the early bloggers that I met. He was very gracious and added me to his blogroll early and gave me technical help which I desperately needed :-). I really enjoy his blog and agree with him on a lot of issues. And many times I am amazed at how eloquently he is able to explain certain positions that I agree with but didn't know how to express.

Juanita, Lone Pony and Suzie are all great chics (I would say ladies but thats just too old ladyish for me)and kindred spirits. We all seem to be on the same page a lot of the time but yet we all have our own unique qualities. Juanita does some great posts on her relationship with God. Suzie is a fellow Fox News addict for which we would seek help from a 12 step program if it was a bad addiction :-). Lone Pony has a great sense of humor and we are both from Kansas City so that has been awesome.

Grey Ghost is a conservative democrat. I agree with him a lot so I'm wondering how long he's going to hold on to his label as a democrat :-). He does great posts on great topics.

Patrick and I were just talking about how different we are. He and I come from very different walks of life but I am constantly amazed at how we agree on core conservative principles. He is a kind and generous guy from South Africa so I like the unique perspective he brings to things. I have grown as a person from visiting his blog.

I think I ran across Gayle and Texas Fred at right about the same time. They are both great Texans :-). Texas Fred has a refreshingly non- politically correct site. He says it like it is. Gayle and I are from different generations but have a lot of the same views including liking Mel Gibson :-).

ABFreedom is a great Canadian site. I have enjoyed his site and have learned a lot about Canadian politics as a result.


Not only am I addicted to "24" but I am also addicted to the best blog about "24", blogs4bauer. It is a very fun site to be able to talk about what you think about 24, Kiefer Sutherland and the rest of the cast. Two of the contributors are The Conservative UAW Guy and Wyatt Earp. They both have a great sense of humor and very enjoyable blogs.

Crazy Politico is crazy but in a good way :-). He has a great sense of humor and offers unique and in-depth insight about the political world.

Big White Hat is a wonderful, Christian guy who also has a special needs son and does great personal posts about life.

Mahndisa is an intellectual who is conservative in some areas and liberal in others. I appreciate her insight on many different issues. I am indebted to her because she really helped me get my blog off the ground in the very beginning. I really appreciated her help and kindness.

Rebekah is a teenager who is homeschooled. She is light years ahead of where I was at her age so I have been very impressed with her knowledge and insight. And she is the only other person on my blogroll who has a pink template :-).

James has the distinguished honor of being the only liberal on my blogroll. I wasn't sure I would ever have a lib on there but we have had some great discussions. James has not been mean-spirited and he's a great comedian so I have really enjoyed some of his posts.

Sandy doesn't post everyday but when he does, it is good. And he especially makes great comments.

Shoprat from Michigan offers a great perspective on Christianity and politics. And Robosquirrel is a Libertarian Naval Officer who does some great and insightful posts.

Exile, Dan, Either Orr, Free Agency, Ranting Republican and God Bless America also have great blogs totally worth checking out.

NEW ADDITIONS:

Mike, Mark, Neo and Wordsmith are new to the blogroll but they have awesome blogs. I am looking forward to reading them more often.

30 comments:

Lone Pony said...

Dee, you're the best! Thanks! I was very excited to find a female blogger with conservative ideals right here in Kansas City! I'm learning lots from you.

Assorted Babble by Suzie said...

What a nice post and great friends you have. I look forward to visiting many that you listed, however I am like you...it is becoming more and more difficult for me to visit as often as I would love to. It seems like I use to be able to visit daily everyone, but since the holidays even my most favorites I have been behind on. Sorry friends..due to health and other reasons..lately not enough energy or able to sit that long at the computer.
Thank you so much for linking me and being so supportive. Your friendship means a great deal to me. You are awesome!!!

P.S. On the program...(LOL) I am so afraid of missing something...that I am an addict...of Fox News!!! Since being stuck out of the country on 9/11...I stay tuned to all breaking news and I feel it is important to help ones understand we need to fight terrorism.

James Manning said...

Thanks for the shot out, Chatter. I seem to be the only liberal on a lot of right winger's blog.

So, either I'm not as big of a Bush-bashing, homo-loving, leftie tree-hugging whore as you guys thought.

Or some of you guys are not as big of a hypocritical bible-thumping, racist, dictator-loving fascist as I thought.

:)

Or somewhere in between. Either way, I'm honored.

Little Miss Chatterbox said...

LP: You're welcome and ditto!!

Suzie: Thanks!! Yah, I love the fact that I could tell that you have Fox News on 24/7 like me. I hear people say that we need to cut the background noise out of our lives, etc, etc. But I like knowing whats going on and its just part of who I am and I like it.

When my husband got laid off we got rid of cable for awhile. Before that we had waited a long time to get it. So it was very hard for me to do without it once I had gotten used to it. After my husband got a job a cable guy offered us a great special so we got it back. When he was re-connecting us I think he thought my kids and I were crazy. The kids were jumping up and down about having cartoon network back and I was ecstatic about having Fox News back. We had all been going thru withdrawals :-).

James: As always you crack me up!!

Gayle said...

I love James Manning's comment. It cracked me up!

Thank you LMC! This post took a bit of time to put together, I know.

I'm addicted to 24 also! It's the best program on television. I don't watch "That Seventie's Show" though, but I do love Seinfeld.

Patrick Joubert Conlon said...

Thank you for the kind words, LMC. Without the net, you and I would probably never had met because we move in very different circles. It has been a real pleasure to meet you and get to know you. Thanks.

The Conservative UAW Guy said...

Wow!
Great roundup, LMC.
Thanks for the link, too!!!

Bloviating Zeppelin said...

First, thanks for the very kind comments and, second, I learned something today: that you and Rebecca know each other well and went to the same church together at one point!

Mahndisa S. Rigmaiden said...

02 02 06

Thanks LMC I feel the same way about you. We all worked together to get our blogs off the ground and THIS is the result. I am proud of all of us, especially you, Revka, BloZep and Suzie:) I haven't been able to blog as much as I would like lately, but you all keep me at it. Have a great day:)

Assorted Babble by Suzie said...

I know what you mean, times I have been without my direct tv w/Fox News I have suffered with withdrawals. (LOL) Last year in the hospital 4 times, all they had was CNN....I about went nuts.

Thank you Disa...you are always so very kind and loving. God Bless you!!

I cherish all of you and our friendship. (smiling)

Robosquirrel said...

Thanks, LMC, you're a swell gal! Always nice to hear from you, although I haven't been able to post as often as I'd like these days, but I'm glad it's an enjoyable read. Thanks for linking me up!

Revka said...

AWESOME! Thanks for the linky love!! You are a great person!

Wyatt Earp said...

Thanks for the linky love, sugar!

Can I be Red Foreman? I just love saying, "dumbass!"

jgf said...

Thanks for the link! Great Post. I read some and now will have to check out the others.

sandy said...

Thanks for the link. I am truly honored to be in the company of all you have linked.

Rebekah said...

Thanks for the compliments! :D

I'll have to do a post like that sometime. ;)

bigwhitehat said...

Man Alive! Wyatt beat me to the punch. I wanted to be Red. Just don't make me Kelso.

Thanks for the linky love.

Little Miss Chatterbox said...

To Everyone:

You're welcome--I enjoyed doing this!!

Little Miss Chatterbox said...

Gayle: It did take awhile to do but it was worth it :-).

Patrick: I agree.

Mahndisa: Ditto!!

Suzie: When I went on vacation for a week the hotel only had CNN and it was awful :-).

Wyatt & BWH: I love Red and yes you can both be Red :-)!! I actually love Kelso too though so that wouldn't be a bad thing BWH.

Little Miss Chatterbox said...

Also To Everyone:

Thanks for all your kinds words. You guys are great!!!

shoprat said...

I just wish I had the time to read all these blogs, plus work, plus sleep, plus other things. They all have a lot to say and I have at least looked at most of them. I wish I could give all the time they deserve.

ABFreedom said...

Thanks LMC ... your the best. Hopefully, in a few weeks, I'll be able to get around more ... works getting in the way .. :-(

shoprat said...

oh, and the thanks for the mention

Little Miss Chatterbox said...

Shoprat: Exactly! It is hard to balance everything.

ABF: I hear you! Trying to buckle down more with the kids and school so you have less and less time.

Mark said...

You have discovered a way to insure you get a lot of comments...LOL..Thanks for the mention. I am sorry I didn't get over here earlier. I was writing quite a lengthy post on preversion in America. It took me a while.

The WordSmith from Nantucket said...

Interestingly enough, I've noticed your username for sometime on blogs that I visit. And it's only within the past week that we actually posted on each other's blogs, I believe.

There are other names I see here and there, but whose blogs I've yet to visit. I know what you mean about the ever-expanding blogroll.

It's funny because it's almost like blog-hopping is like going to someone's house for a party, and running into familiar faces there.

It's a nice idea for a post and I'm glad I barely made the cut.

The WordSmith from Nantucket said...

I know what stood out about you, now! It's that darn Superman Sean Hannity avatar! That's what made me first begin to recognize and notice you wherever I went.

Little Miss Chatterbox said...

Mark: I'll check that post out. And yes, I figured linking everyone would be a good comment post :-).

Wordsmith: Totally agree!! I often notice people making good comments and then check them out but sometimes it takes awhile.

I'm sure the Sean Hannity icon is hard to overlook :-).

Assorted Babble by Suzie said...

That is funny about the hotel thing...that has happened several times with me...that they ONLY aired CNN and Headline News. Makes you wonder!!

Mr. Grey Ghost said...

LMC

I often scratch my head at why I remain a Democrat too, but I guess I'd rather define my party than let my party define me. Thanks for the link!