Saturday, February 11, 2006

There are too many "chicken bleep democrats"


It is time once again for my smorgasbord and my GMWAS(Gag Me With A Spoon) award. I have talked about my feelings for Jimmy Carter in two different posts. But I have never officially given him the GMWAS award. He wins it this week for his disgraceful behavior at Coretta Scott King's funeral. I'm sorry but taking cheap political shots when you are supposed to be honoring someone is just low. Especially when you are a former president who is supposed to have class. The impressive thing to me is that W never sinks to their level and always shines as the one who does have class.


Ted Kennedy (above), Alec Baldwin and others were not happy about Alito getting confirmed. Alec Baldwin went on a little tirade about it which inspired my title for this post. Here is a little of what he had to say (which made me smile):
"Hollywood Democrat Alec Baldwin is blasting his party's Senators for failing to block Samuel Alito confirmation to the Supreme Court, saying he's appalled that Sen. Ted Kennedy and other liberals could muster only 25 of the 41 votes needed mount a successful filibuster.

The problem is there are too many "chicken-bleep Democrats in the Senate," the agitated actor told the New York Daily News."

I love it when Hollywood isn't happy with democrats. It is a lot of fun to watch :-).


In the good news department South Dakota's House of Representatives passed a ban on abortion today. It still needs to go to the senate. It will be interesting to see how our new Supreme Court will eventually rule on this.


In the Muslim cartoon/violent rioting controversy few have mentioned some of what is behind it all. The cartoons were originally printed last fall with little fanfare but Muslim Clerics didn't want it to die so they made sure that it got the violent reaction they wanted. Check out an article printed in the Walstreet Journal entitled "How Muslim Clerics Stirred Arab World Against Denmark". Many of these protests were staged and Condi Rice brought up that Syria and Iran have been encouraging the violence. Here is a little of what she said:
"I have no doubt that Iran and Syria have gone out of their way to inflame sentiments and have used this for their own purposes," Rice said. "The world ought to call them on it."
Joe Scarborough wrote an awesome article on the controversy that sums up how I feel about how ridiculous it all is.

And last but not least I'll bring up some comments about Hillary. Much was made this week about what a great job her husband/power grab partner did with his speech at the King funeral. He didn't bash anyone and said some feel-good sentiments that made everyone feel better. Bill is the ultimate in what makes a smooth politician. He says what you want to hear and he pretends to feel your pain. It is supposed to help you overlook his lack of morals and integrity. The problem for Hillary is she doesn't have the smooth politician part of her. She doesn't even pretend to feel your pain. She has hard-core liberal philosphies combined with a myriad of scandals of her own. Kathleen Parker illustrated this in Hillary's reaction to W trying to be nice at the state of the union speech. Here is a little of what Parker said about it:
"Hillary blew it.

That was the instant reaction in the room where I watched Tuesday night's State of the Union address. It was such a simple thing, but the senator from New York missed her cue.

It was this: smile and show the nice people that you're a human being and that you have a sense of humor.

But no. When President George W. Bush tossed a valentine to her husband, former President Bill Clinton, the senator sat stone-faced, nary a crack in her facade.

Catty? Not at all. Shaken, perhaps, but not stirred.

Nothing, nada, zip. Cheekbones bouncing light back to the fluorescent gods, her ruby lips a door slammed shut for all eternity to the minions of mirth. My mind immediately free-associates to the ancient vampires in Anne Rice's "Vampire Chronicles," who, cold and bloodless through the ages, had turned to stone.

Clinton was the sphinx the joker couldn't budge. If eyes could emasculate, Hillary's would send a man into the high octaves.

I don't know what was going through Clinton's mind in that moment, but her expression said, "Bug off," or sentiments to that effect. What we do know is that Bill Clinton would have loved it. And laughed. And reminded Americans of his humanness and his ready sense of humor.

His wife, by defining contrast, showed the world that she is something else. That thing — what is it? It is what she isn't: human, gracious and humorous."


One last cartoon, I loved this one!!!
All cartoons by awesome Glenn McCoy.

24 comments:

Lone Pony said...

You've put a huge smile on my face this morning. I've never cared for Jimmy Carter. I think he is one of the worst Presidents this nation has ever had. Alec Baldwin is an idiot. As for the ban on abortion, that was wonderful news for me. The abortion issue is very important to me. I don't know how God continues to bless a nation that condones abortion.

Patrick Joubert Conlon said...

That was better than Saturday morning toons on TV. Thanks.

Little Miss Chatterbox said...

LP: I'm happy to be the one to put a smile on your face :-). And ditto to everything you said.

Patrick: I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Revka said...

Great post! I love your smorgasboards.. Also, great picks on cartoons.. most awesome!! I got a kick out of just reading those!!

what can i say.. you definately said it all! Great post..

Little Miss Chatterbox said...

Rebecca: Thanks!! And, yah I love Glenn McCoy's cartoons.

The Triumvirate said...

Wonderful cartoons, really made my day.
-The Quartermaster

KEvron said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
KEvron said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Little Miss Chatterbox said...

Kevron: I found this at LaShawn Barber's corner and she says it well. "You have no First Amendment rights on this blog. My right to free speech is protected on this site, not yours.

Mini-civics lesson: The First Amendment restricts government, not private citizens, from infringing on your right to free speech. On this blog, your speech is a privilege. On your blog, your speech is a right. Learn the distinction."

Little Miss Chatterbox said...

Quartermaster: Thanks for stopping by my blog and I'm glad you liked the cartoons.

KEvron said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
KEvron said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
KEvron said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
KEvron said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mahndisa S. Rigmaiden said...

02 11 06

Hey Miss Chatterbox: OMG! I see that a former troll of mine has found you; I know that screen name! You handled that well.

I really like this post. You have been doing quite a lot of research for your posts over the past few months and it is awesome. As I mentioned to Suzie the other day, I don't like to watch the MSM news, so I get quite a bit of insight into current events by looking at you guy's sites. You are doing a bang up job! And thanks for keeping your chin up with these jerks!
Take Care:)

ABFreedom said...

Great post LMC ... hopefully in a few years will be saying "Hillary who?"

I banned KEvron a long time ago.. he/she/it seems to be beyond the hope of reason and logical thought.

Crazy Politico said...

What the hell does Baldwin care? Didn't he move out of the country after the last two elections?

Little Miss Chatterbox said...

Mahndisa: Thanks!!

ABF: I really, really hope you are right about Hillary :-).

Crazy: Yah, Baldwin keeps getting our hopes up that he'll leave but he never does.

KEvron said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Patrick Joubert Conlon said...

I'm going to keep that La Shawn barber quote.

Little Miss Chatterbox said...

Patrick: I know, when I found it I realized I'd struck gold and kept it to use. I'm considering posting it permanently somewhere on my blog.

Mr. Grey Ghost said...

Wow! Those cartoons are hilarious! Especially the one with Jimmy Carter on the coffin and the last one about "The West Wing"! What's up with all the deleted comments tho'? I guess the libs found their way to this post, which speaks a lot to how good it is.

Revka said...

Just testing my new comment name..

Rebekah said...

That's too funny!
I loved the "West Wing" one. :) CP, yeah didn't Alec Baldwin move to Switzerland or something?...