Saturday, February 18, 2006

Thankful!!!


I've been reflecting this week on my life. My youngest son just recently got glasses and is needing vision therapy. My wonderful husband is taking off from his lunch break once a week to be able to take him to this therapy. He is doing it because he's a great dad and because he knows I have a lot on my plate. As I was talking to a friend about this she commented on how great my husband was to be willing to do this. I realized she was right. So this week I'm going to do a post on my husband but I'm in the process of having a friend scan pics before I can do that.

Tonight, I was having an awesome time of reflection in prayer and reading my Bible. I have been very bad about my consistency in this area recently. The interesting thing about this stage in my life is my works seem to be less but my faith seems to be greater. My love and faith grows and deepens as I realize I have nothing to offer him but my faith. The Bible says it is impossible to please God without faith. But you notice it doesn't say if you jump through this many hoops or are this perfect you will please God. It says you please God by having faith. Faith, trust and dependance on God is what He wants.

By nature I tend to worry and stress out about too many things. As I was reflecting tonight (and listening to Michael W. Smith praise music) I realized how much I have to be thankful for. Especially with all the trauma going on around me, I need to take a step back and realize what I do have to be thankful for. Some of it may not be here tomorrow. All of us have good and bad in our lives and sometimes we need to stop and be thankful for the big and little things in our lives.


I came up with a list of big and little things I am thankful for. I'm sure I have forgotten many things and some of them may make you laugh but it is my list.

--My faith in Jesus and my worn-out Bible
--My wonderful husband
--My 4 precious kids
--An awesome group of girl friends
--My family
--Our blessed country which is the home of the free & the brave
--Our Great President George W. Bush
--God providing for all my family's needs & more
--For enabling me to embrace and live my life more by taking risks and letting go of what people think of me
--Cable :-)
--My blog and the internet
--For this season in my life where I'm able to stay home and homeschool my kids
--Talk Radio
--Good movies
--Good books
--Being able to go out to eat :-)
--Caffeine-free Coke
--Candy Bars :-)
--My cell phone
--A warm home and bed when it is cold outside
--God's beautiful creation
--My health

Let me know what you're thankful for :-)!!

No comments: