Tuesday, January 31, 2006

LMC's Smorgasbord


I had some fun, light things to post so decided it was time for another smorgasbord. First of all I would like to apologize if I neglected anyone the past couple of days. My house had spun out of control and I couldn't ignore it anymore. So I spent the weekend getting my house into order. I couldn't tear myself completely away from the computer but I wasn't able to comment as much. But I'm glad I was finally motivated because it feels really good to finally have a clean house :-).

Lone Pony did one of those fun 4 things post so I decided since I hadn't done that yet I would include it here.

4 Things About Me

4 Jobs I've had:

1) Moody Cassette Ministry employee
2) Receptionist
3) Nanny
4) Homeschool Mother

4 Movies I can watch over & over: (This list could be long :-))

1) Braveheart (Ofcourse)
2) A Walk To Remember
3) Any of Jane Austen's movies
4) Legally Blonde (I know what some of you are thinking but this is a great movie. It is one of those feel good, empowering movies. Nobody thinks she can become a lawyer and she is determined to prove them all wrong and she does.)

4 Places I've liked (in the U.S.):

1) Florida
2) Oklahoma
3) Colorado
4) Texas

4 (favorite)Places I've vacationed:

1) Puerto Rico (on a Missions trip)
2) Monterrey, Mexico (also on a Missions trip)
3) Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
4) Florida

4 TV shows I love:

1) Alias
2) 24
3) Little House on the Prairie
4) Seinfeld

4 of my favorite dishes:

1) Steak
2) Fried Chicken
3) Hamburger & fries
4) Spaghetti & breadsticks

4 Places I would rather be right now:

1) Florida
2) Hawaii
3) Texas
4) Anywhere in the Southwest :-)

5 sites I visit daily (among many others)(sorry had to do 5 on this one):

1) Revka's Take
2) Bloviating Zeppelin
3) Suzie's Blog
4) Lone Pony
5) Grey Ghost

I will be nice and not tag anyone but feel free to do this because I would love to read everyone's.

Also, I found 2 comedy clips that are hilarious. The first one is Will Ferrell from SNL pretending to be George W. Bush. He does such a good job. I laughed so hard at this I had tears coming out of my eyes. It is called Bush Calls Out Bin Laden.

The second one I need to issue a Strong Warning. It has a lot of language so for my younger readers and if you don't want to hear it don't go there. But I had to link to it because it's funny. It is Dave Chappelle showing us what a Black Bush would be like.


And another Glenn McCoy cartoon for your enjoyment.

14 comments:

Bloviating Zeppelin said...

Great videos, and thanks for the linky love. Thanks also for making me a "daily driver." The folks in my US list are those I read daily as well, yourself included!

Revka said...

Chatter,Love these posts!
Too much fun!! Thanks for the link! i read you and blo daily as well, among a few others in the 'usual ring of suspects'..
missed 24 last night.. I am bummin! I fell asleep.. I couldn't wake up.. My husband tried.. But I told him i was too worn out..

Revka said...

Chatter,
I must blow James' opinion that conservatives don't have a sense of humor and therefore aren't fun.
This is difficult because I like to make fun of liberal's thinking.
And, we tend to laugh more about bodily functions around here than anything else... SO... I will do my best to take you up on your little challenge..

Assorted Babble by Suzie said...

This is fantastic!! (LOL)Your whole post is awesome....GREAT JOB!! I would love to post your two paragraphs on video clips...I'm still laughing...perhaps to bring alittle humor to the babble.

You are definitely in my TOP 3 if not number one. Thanks for listing & linking me. Hopefully I can get around to that list of things...thanks for sharing with us about you. I enjoyed it. Will come back and add more...enjoyed this post immensely. (LOL)

James Manning said...

Ha, Chatter really is blowing away my stereotypes of conservatives as a bunch of bitter bastards (BBB for short) LOL.

I love "Alias" as well. But since they moved it from Sunday night, I don't get a chance to watch it.

Oh, I have little rant for Howard Dean. You just might find in surprising what lefties are saying.

Joia said...

Ahem.

Excuse me.

Precisely WHY is Roswell missing from your list???

Hmph.

Patrick Joubert Conlon said...

Legally Blonde was great but the sequel was iffy. Still, nothing like a good old-fashioned feel-good American movie. Beats the "moody" European ones where everybody's depressed.

Mr. Grey Ghost said...

LMC

Thanks for link love! I'm sure you already know that you're one of my daily reads as well.

I'm also a HUGE "Seinfeld" fan, know every episode by heart. Gotta' check out "Legally Blonde", always liked Reese Witherspoon as an actress.

Little Miss Chatterbox said...

BZ: Glad you liked the videos :-). You're welcome for the linky love.

Rebecca: I TOTALLY cannot believe you fell asleep and missed 24 :-). You crack me up. But I know you have to get up really early w/ your kiddos and they wear you out. Did you at least get it taped so you can watch it later?

Suzie: Thanks and glad you liked the videos too :-).

James: I'm very happy to be one to change your stereotypes of conservatives :-).

Joia: Believe me that would've been #5 cause 4 wasn't enough. I probably should've done this and had it be 10 things because I needed it for almost all the categories.

Patrick: Totally agree with you!! I hated the sequel with a passion.

I let my daughters watch the 1st one while forwarding through some of the bad parts. My older daughter keeps begging to rent the sequel so she can watch it. And I keep telling her she's not missing anything. I have no desire to see it again and I would have to, to forward out the bad stuff for her.

GG: You're welcome and glad to know you're a Seinfeld fan as well. My husband and I both love the show and have all the episodes memorized (practically). And one of my common sayings is everything in life relates to a Seinfeld episode. And its amazing how much that is true.

Lone Pony said...

Just got home! Thanks for doing this, and thanks for the link. I see we have lots in common. It's cool to learn about the people we read everyday.

Little Miss Chatterbox said...

LP: You're welcome :-).

Robosquirrel said...

I thought you'd like this:

The Officers' Club: Obligatory 24 Posting

Little Miss Chatterbox said...

Robo: Thanks for the link.

Rebekah said...

Loved that cartoon! LOL!

I can't look at the videos because I'm stuck in the dark ages - dial-up :(
But I LOVE impressionists, all political sides. :)