Thursday, January 05, 2006

Bush as Rambo and other stuff

Okay I saw this on someone else's blog and I knew I needed to have this picture. You gotta love it!!


Click on this to enlarge if you need too.
A friend of mine sent this to me in an email during the election season of 2004. I sooooooo loved it!! It is just such a classic for conservatives although I'm sure democrats wouldn't find it all that funny.

Joe Kovacs wrote a great article entitled "Funniest News Stories of 2005" in World Net Daily. Some of them I had heard but the funniest one I hadn't heard is below:
Potty humor

The year was flush with strange items, like the saga of Bob Dougherty, the Colorado man who sued Home Depot after "becoming one" with a men's room toilet on which some prankster had smeared glue.

Dougherty hollared for help, but the store's clerk reportedly deemed the matter a bit too asinine to be real.

Can't tush this: Bob Dougherty (courtesy Rocky Mountain News)

"They left me there, going through all that stress," Dougherty told the Rocky Mountain News. "They just let me rot."

Paramedics eventually unbolted the entire commode and carried Dougherty out, still attached to the seat. After his detachment, he spent a week in the hospital, got a shrink and was diagnosed with post-traumatic stress disorder.

"This is not Home Depot's fault," he said. "But I am blaming them for letting me hang in there and just ignoring me."

I do feel bad for this guy but it was just too funny not to mention.

Ben Shapiro once again wrote a great article entitled "2005:The Big Picture". He did a good job of putting things in perspective and pointing out how well certain things are despite the distortions of the MSM.

And last but not least Gayle did a good job of leading me to our 3rd Hollywood celeb (Ed Asner)that doesn't like Hillary. I'm starting to wonder how long this list will grow. Although I'm not sure Ed Asner should count because he's wandered so faaaaaaaaaar off the reservation. I think him and Phil Donahue could start their own green party cult or something and have people like Danny Glover and some of the other far left extremists join up. Anyone care to guess which Hollywood celeb with a big mouth will express their dislike of Hillary next? It will be fun to watch since all of Hollywood is supposed to adore the Clintons.

11 comments:

Bloviating Zeppelin said...

If I'm not mistaken, a further update to the story of the guy with his butt glued to the toitie was that, oddly enough, he'd had roughly the same event occur to him a few years ago -- which resulted in a suit. Huh. Imagine that!

Nice photo, too!

The thing I find particularly frustrating with the turn of events regarding the self-immolation of celebrities, the Dems, the DEM and the Republicans is that the GOP apparently has little or no concept of how to take advantage of the situation. The GOP is exquisite at shooting itself in the foot, stepping back when it should be stepping up, or failing to wield the power it has.

Power is there to be used, in my estimation. What is the point, otherwise? How else does one agenda come to fruition? Yes, GWB has been getting a bit better in terms of communication and stridence, as of late. But I hope it is not too little too late.

It is still a truism, as expressed by my high school civics teacher: "Democrats don't win elections. Republicans lose them."

Gayle said...

LMC: Sorry, I didn't take the time to read your post because I'm going around to everyone's blog who commented on my post re: Social Security. Thank you for doing the homework I should have done. Never again will I publish anything that comes to me in an e-mail without researching it first.

Even though I was proud of that post (when I thought it was true) I am grateful to you, and have said so in the retraction post that is on My Republican Blog.

Revka said...

LMC,
I have a new post today with a funny picture of Garafalo.
We are on the same page today regarding wacked out celebs.
Love your posts and pictures!! LOL

Assorted Babble by Suzie said...

I love that picture....tempted to beg to use it. (LOL) It is hard to guess which big mouth will be the next. Enjoyed your post....full of smiles.

Little Miss Chatterbox said...

BZ: Ok, if that is true the Home Depot guy is not to be pitied but he's psycho.

I think the Republicans have gotten better but unfortunately I think your last line is more true than not.

Gayle: Don't feel bad. The reason I check my stuff now is because I got burned once too. I think most of us have to get burned first before we vow to check everything out.

Rebecca: Thanks!

Suzie: Thanks and go ahead and grab the picture. I stole it from someone else's blog. Thats how it works. If I take it from someone I know, I usually link back to them but I couldn't even remember which blog I saw this one on so I didn't this time.

Mr. Grey Ghost said...

I was going to do a "idiot celebrity quote" on Ed Asner, but completely forgot. Glad you took the time to mention how loony he's become tho.

Lone Pony said...

Tooooo funny! Thanks LMC

The Conservative UAW Guy said...

Great stuff, LMC!
I'm posting that quote now, with credit to you, and of course, Reagan!

Little Miss Chatterbox said...

GG: Yep!

LP & UAW: Thanks, and UAW I went over to your site and saw your post, cool!

bigwhitehat said...

Hi. Like your post.

Rebekah said...

That's too funny! Bush is a much better "Rambo" than Kerry, isn't he?

I agree with Bloviating Zeppelin. If only the GOP would actually take advantage of the self-destruction of Democrats. Unfortunately, GOP leadership seems to like to follow right along with them.