Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Triple Winners

I was trying to decide who should get the GMWAS (Gag Me With a Spoon) award and it ended up being a tie between 3 people so they will all receive the honor. I am very disheartened at these 3 men for how they are dishonoring our troops and our country. Protesting and voicing opposition is one thing but I feel that all 3 of these men have crossed the line into "treasonous" waters. They are voicing reckless statements for all the world to hear and trying to create a "Vietnam quagmire" out of a war that has made a lot of progress. Bloviating Zeppelin wrote a good post on our successes over there. Please take the time to read it. Anyway, onto the awards.

The first recipient has been awarded the moonbat award by Bloviating Zeppelin twice. It is Congressman John P. "Jack" Murtha. He is the one who made the infamous call to pull the troops of out Iraq in 6 months time. And he continues to blather on trying to cash in on his 15 minutes of fame. Zeppelin has called him a "Chamberlain" and I couldn't think of a better way to describe him. Again, I picture the scary looking guy from Braveheart who believes in compromise.

The second recipient is someone Michael Reagan wants to have hung. Howard Dean had the audacity to say that we won't win in Iraq. I just can't put into words how discouraging this must be for our brave fighting men and women to hear. And how scary for Iraqis to hear this and have the fear that we will abandon them.

The third recipient is a man I can't believe was ever considered presidential by anyone. Our beloved John Kerry wants the world to believe that our soldiers are terrorists. I just can't fathom how anyone can say this about their troops and their own country. Do these men relish in the destruction and disheartenment of their own fellow Americans? It just makes me really sad and discouraged that these men would stoop to these levels just to score political points.

It will be very interesting to see how history will view these men. I predict that 20 years from now we will see Bush in the same way that we now view Reagan. Reagan ended the cold war while the democrats howled and screamed that it could never be done. I think we will see many successes from Bush's War on Terror and we will admire him for sticking to what he knew was right while the democrats howled and screamed that it couldn't be done.

10 comments:

TexasFred said...

Good choices... IF the guys in DC ever grow balls again, and it becomes possible to charge someone with treason again, there's a good list to start with...

Little Miss Chatterbox said...

Excellent point Texas Fred.

James Manning said...

LMC, this post is inspired by you and your troll problem. I've come up with a way to help you out.

Cuss Out Kit

Enjoy

Mahndisa S. Rigmaiden said...

12 06 05

Your optimism is heartening. I hope you are right! Faith will help, and time will tell! You have been doing some really cool posts and have been on fire lately! Good for you! I love seeing how all of our blogs have evolved and are suited to individual tastes. Have a great day tomorrow:)

Bloviating Zeppelin said...

I'm over 50 and a student of history. In my entire life I have never seen such a disappointing coagulation of self-hating defeatists WISHING for the downfall of their own country, and Howard Dean, John Murtha, John Kerry and Nancy Pelosi fill that bill.

Howard Dean said the "war can't be won, and a similar war cost us 25,000 troops in Vietnam."

Dean, you ignorant dolt: 58,000 troops were lost in Vietnam. And Vietnam was NOT seeking to become a nuclear, chemical and biological power with the intent of sending terrorists to our shores bent on killing civilians with WMD.

Hear this yet? If there becomes too much pressure and Bush caves in to it, Joe Lieberman is being considered for SecDef.

Bloviating Zeppelin said...

BTW LMC: I have to say once again, you've done a GREAT job with your website, lots of super links, great layout. I gotta find my own HTML-writing Confuser Wonk.

bigwhitehat said...

I'd like to gag THEM with a spoon.

Little Miss Chatterbox said...

BWH: Exactly!!

James: Still laughing at the cuss kits :-).

Mahndisa & Zeppelin: Thanks.

Zeppelin: I'm glad you talked to James. He was the main technical guy I was thinking of referring you to.

Phantom_Driver, USNR, Ret. said...

Great comments all here.

Ladies and gents, get on your knees tonight and thank The Almighty Kerry was defeated. Imagine the incredible mess he'd have made in Iraq right now?

How this incompetant soldier bashing boob ever got elected in the first place baffles me.

And why hasn't he released the rest of his Navy records, as he promised to do on the Don Imus show months ago?

Can you say "dishonorable discharge" later expunged and reissued, kiddies.?

Phantom Driver
Proud father of an American Soldier

Little Miss Chatterbox said...

Phantom: Great comments. Believe me, there have been many a days I've been so thankful that neither Gore or Kerry won.