Thursday, December 22, 2005

LMC's Smorgasbord of News

Grey Ghost started having his Potpourri of news and I was thinking of doing something similar at the same time. I came up with my own name of Smorgasbord. So when I have several news items to bring up it will be my smorgasbord of news :-). First of all today, I have one of those fun quick quizzes. I turned out to be Dancer but I noticed no matter who you turn out to be they have a naughty side for you. Take a quick few minutes and let me know who you are :-).

You Are Dancer

Carefree and fun, you always find reasons to do a happy dance.

Why You're Naughty: That dark stint you had as Santa's private dancer.

Why You're Nice: You're friendly. Very friendly.


Second, I stumbled upon a great new website called Lucianne.com. I remembered a long time ago Tony Snow mentioning it but then I noticed on Sean Hannity's website that he said he reads this site everyday. It has a lot of really good news articles on it.

Third, I have my first "I told you so" moment like Rush says on his show. On November 28th I had linked to an article "Truman bounced back--so will Bush". I mentioned that Reagan and Clinton had also bounced back from low poll numbers. And lo and behold W is already bouncing back, read "Public Swayed by Bush Speeches".

Fourth, this article is a must-read. A Patriot Acts by Ben Stein has some great questions and is very good. Here are a couple of questions he asks:
Is there any evidence at all of Americans' rights being trampled upon by the application of the Patriot Act? Are we any less free? Are there detention camps anywhere? Are opponents of Bush afraid to express themselves? Has anyone had his library card confiscated? Where is all of the harm that Bush's opponents claim? It is just plain invisible, a fantasy used to justify their own paranoia, isn't it? It is sort of the same as the fear that Californians and Manhattanites have of eating food with "chemicals" or "additives" in it. Pure self-obsessional thinking about imaginary victimhood to justify their frightened and aggressive existence.


Fifth, there is a very inspirational and encouraging article about Neil Cavuto. I don't know how many of you know of him but he is a great guy. He does the financial show on Fox News. I'm not that into the stock market but occasionally I hear some of what he says and I've heard him interviewed on other shows. He survived cancer only to find out he has MS. He has dealt with all his trials in a way that is very awe-inspiring. If you have a chance to read it you will be encouraged.

16 comments:

stuffle said...

I was "Blitzen":

Always in good spirits, you're the reindeer who loves to party down with Santa.

Why You're Naughty: You're always blitzed on Christmas Eve, while flying!

Why You're Nice: You mix up a mean eggnog martini.

Assorted Babble by Suzie said...

Reindeer site:
You Are Cupid
Why You're Nice: You have a knack for playing matchmaker. You even hooked Rudolph up!


No evidence here of any problems...well maybe the telephone ringing too much from telemarketers. (smiling) Wish the government would cut their lines all together...Clear the airways to listen to MORE TERRORIST.

Oh yeah, Neil is a cutie pie!! I watch him everyday....(smiling) He is always so cheerful even w/ all he has gone through.

TexasFred said...

You Are Blitzen

Always in good spirits, you're the reindeer who loves to party down with Santa.

Why You're Naughty: You're always blitzed on Christmas Eve, while flying!

Why You're Nice: You mix up a mean eggnog martini.

Joia said...

I'm Dancer, too. Apparently we are both secretly very naughty girls. I'm sure our husbands are grateful.

jgf said...

***You Are Dasher***


You're an independent minded reindeer who never plays by the rules.

Why You're Naughty: That little coup you tried to stage against Santa last year

Why You're Nice: You secretly give naughty children presents.

Great links!

Little Miss Chatterbox said...

To those of you who are regular readers of my blog I must put out a disclaimer. Joia is a personal friend of mine who actually help me set up this blog. When I refer to my friend who is a computer guru it is her. I have been very appreciative of her help and she's an awesome friend. BUT I am not responsible for comments that she makes :-). Read them at your own risk :-).

Little Miss Chatterbox said...

I'm enjoying seeing who everyone is :-).

Suzie: You are right about Cavuto's attitude. It is hard to believe he's dealing with MS when he is such a positive person.

jgf: Thanks!

Joia said...

Pshaw... which one of us posted the reindeer meme with Naughty/Nice themes? ;-) Oh wait...we both did. I just stuck it up on my LJ. There goes my innocent act!

shoprat said...

I didn't know that any of the reindeer had defined personalities. I learn something every day.

Rebekah said...

Wow. I have whole lot more respect for Neil Cavuto now. He's gone through a lot and seems to be taking it in stride.

Oh, and
You are dancer
Carefree and fun, you always find reasons to do a happy dance.
Why You're Naughty: That dark stint you had as Santa's private dancer.
Why You're Nice: You're friendly. Very friendly.

Golly.

Little Miss Chatterbox said...

Rebekah: Yah, the first time I heard Cavuto do an interview I was impressed. Kinda scary being dancer, isn't it :-)?

Revka said...

LMC,
O.K.
I was Rudolph:
I tend to be happy when I am making someone else happy??? Umm.. I don't know about that one!!
And; i stick my nose where it doesn't belong.. HA!!
LMC: I really stuck my foot in my mouth tonight. My step daughter had a friend over. I was going on about how idiotic liberals are, and even had Rush Limbaugh on webcam because I didn't have time to listen today.
After berating liberal ideology, my stepdaughter looked at me and gave me 'the look'.. like, shut up, she is a liberal!!
I assumed she was a conservative because she is catholic. Dumb me!!

Little Miss Chatterbox said...

Rebecca: Don't feel bad. It happens to us all, especially those of us who like to talk :-). Hence my nickname--Chatterbox.

Gayle said...

Ha! I turned out to be Blitzen. No wonder I get along with Fred.

"Always in good spirits, you're the reindeer who loves to party down with Santa.

Why You're Naughty: You're always blitzed on Christmas Eve, while flying!

Why You're Nice: You mix up a mean eggnog martini.

Little Miss Chatterbox said...

Rundown:

3 Blitzens
3 Dancers
1 Cupid
1 Dasher
1 Rudolph

And my 11 yr. old daughter was Comet.

Rebekah said...

Kinda scary being dancer, isn't it :-)?

You're tellin' me! :)