Sunday, December 18, 2005

"Grace For The Moment"

On sundays I am going to try and take a diversion from politics. Right now I am reading a devotional entitled, "Grace For The Moment" by Max Lucado. It is excellent and has been a Godsend for me this year. It has been inspirational, encouraging and comforting for me.

Today I would like to focus on one of the devotionals. This one is entitled "God's Plans". For 2 yrs. now I have felt God leading me in a different direction. I have always been a stay-at-home mom and homeschooled my children. My "baby" is now 6 yrs. old and since I have all school-aged children I see God leading me to pursue some other avenues. As you know from this blog my passion is politics. I am praying about pursuing politics, writing or something along those lines. And as a result I am hoping to be able to send my kids to private school next year. It will be a big transition for all of us and I am very nervous and excited about it at the same time. For those of you who pray I would covet your prayers. The following devotional is so in line with my thoughts and is so inspirational for me. I hope it encourages some of you too.

"Psalm 37:4--Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of the heart.

When we submit to God's plans, we can trust our desires. Our assignment is found at the intersection of God's plan and our pleasures. What do you love to do? What brings you joy? What gives you a sense of satisfaction?
Some long to feed the poor. Others enjoy leading the church...Each of us has been made to serve God in a unique way...
The longings of your heart, then, are not incidental; they are critical messages. The desires of your heart are not to be ignored; they are to be consulted. As the wind turns the weather vane, so God uses your passions to turn your life. God is too gracious to ask you to do something you hate."

---Max Lucado

9 comments:

bigwhitehat said...

Max grew up in Andrews and Odessa. So you could say he and I are from God's Country. We also come from the same religious tradition (Churches of Christ).

As you might have assumed, I like his stuff. Don't be affraid to go for his old stuff. My first encounter with him was On The Anvil. He definitely makes you think.

Enjoy your devotional.

Rick's Corner said...

Let me know if you need any assistance. I am active in the GOP here is So Fla, and my cousin is active in your area.

Patrick Joubert Conlon said...

I love that quote: "Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of the heart."

To me that has always meant that all I had to do was love God and sing his praises and not worry about a thing - like: "Consider the lilies of the field. Neither do they weave not do they spin but are arrayed in more glory than Solomon. "
Or "Don't follow your shadow. Face the sun and your shadow will follow you."

I can't say "Good luck" because I don't really believe in "luck." But I do believe in prayer and will keep you in mind.

Kim said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
TexasFred said...

Cool, you do a non-political blog and a *Spam-Bot* nails you...

Spam-Bots hate God...

Gayle said...

The only way you can get rid of spam is to turn off your "Anonymous Comments" on Blogger.

Wonderful post, Miss Chatterbox. Absolutely wonderful! :)

Little Miss Chatterbox said...

BWH: I remembered you saying you liked Max.

Rick: I have connections from my volunteer work in 2004 but I am always open to extra help. I will definitely let you know. Thanks so much, I really appreciate it.

Patrick: Thanks. I have always loved that verse also. So many "scrooges" in the church try to beat you over the head with the idea that God wants you to do things you hate and I don't believe that for the most part. Sometimes in life we have to do things we don't like, obviously but I think God gives us desires and wants us to follow them. I remember being scared that God was going to call me to do something dreadful and I finally realized that isn't the case.

Gayle: I actually stopped allowing anonymous comments awhile ago. This person set up a blog just to try and promote their business. Ugh..... As if we don't get bothered elsewhere enough with solicitations.

Assorted Babble by Suzie said...

Listen to your heart...God will definitely speak and lead you. I know first hand...Our Father definitely talks with us all day...we just have to learn to listen more.

God Bless you....Merry Christmas to you and your family.

P.S. I will stop at this moment and say a prayer for you.

Little Miss Chatterbox said...

Suzie: Thanks so much and Merry Christmas to you too!!