Monday, December 26, 2005

Events of 2005


I wanted to do a shorter and lighter post today. So I thought I would post the little things I listed in my Christmas letter this year.

Best Blessing--My husband got a promotion at his job in September.

Best Spiritual Moment--My youngest son trusted in Jesus as His Savior in June.

Best Fieldtrip--The girls and I went to the Laura Ingalls Wilder Home & Museum in Mansfield, Missouri.

Best Visitor--My brother came to visit all the way from Washington in August.

Best Restaurant--The Skies. It is a restaurant that rotates in the sky. We celebrated a friend's 40th birthday there.

Best Quote--"Faith is a desperate dive out of the sinking boat of human effort and a prayer that God will be there to pull us out of the water."--Max Lucado

Best Movie--The Great Raid. It was based on the true story of the Baton Death March during World War II. It was a very moving movie.

Biggest Accident--My younger daughter broke her arm and had to have surgery after falling off her bike.

Farthest place my husband traveled to--Salt Lake City, Utah so he could scope out the next Teen Missions Trip.

Most Exciting Person I met--I got to meet John Ashcroft and have my picture taken with him.

Firsts--
My youngest son played t-ball this summer
My oldest son starte Jujitsu
My youngest son start homeschooling with us, so all 4 kids are officially school age.
I started a blog.

So thats a little snapshot into my year. Let me know what some of your best moments were this year or firsts.


I also wanted to bring attention to a blog that The Conservative UAW guy and some of his friends started. It is a blog about the TV show 24. I am a huge fan of the show so I was excited to see it. If anyone else is a fan you can go check it out: Blogs 4 Bauer.

UPDATE:The Human Trafficking bill passed despite Biden's efforts. Cool :-).

16 comments:

Gayle said...

Unique idea for a post, LMC.

We love 24 too. It is our favorite program here. Thanks for sharing the link.

Hope you had a wonderful Christmas! :)

James Manning said...

Great post. Looks like you had a good years.

shoprat said...

I am pleased that the human trafficking bill passed. Why Biden would block it is beyond me. Hope you hadd a merry Christmas.

Revka said...

You asked Dionne!!

Best Blessing: Isaac (autistic), scored higher than most kindergartners in his Iowa basics.

Best Spiritual Moment: Recently renewing my effort to spend time in the word, so 2006 will be great!

Best Fieldtrip: None.

Best Visitor: Jessica came for Christmas!

Best Restaurant: Mimi's cafe' that the group one voice and I went to..

Best Quote: Don't have one

Best Movie: Chronicles of Narnia. We haven't seen the great raid, but will rent it.

Biggest Accident:None, thank God.

Farthest place my husband traveled to: College Station Texas, to visit his daughter.

Most Exciting Person I met:None this year.

Firsts:Isaac is understanding more about God.

I homeschooled for the first time.
Started a blog.

Little Miss Chatterbox said...

Gayle: Great to find another fan of 24.

Shoprat: Yes, I was glad to see the bill pass. Why does Biden do half the things he does? No one knows :-).

James: Thanks!

Rebecca: Enjoyed reading your bests. I'm continuing to learn new things about you. Cool!

ABFreedom said...

Excellent LCM, let's hope and pray everyone has a better and exciting 2006.

Robosquirrel said...

"Bataan death march" in the Phillipines. The Marines have ceremonies commemorating it ever year. We also named a couple of ships "Bataan".

Why is there a Laura Ingalls Wilder museum in Missouri? She lived in Minnesota! Just out of curiosity, are your girls Mary-Ann and Rebekah?

Griz said...

I've added you to my blog roll. I hope that you don't mind. I hope that you and your family had a wonderful Christmas.

Take care,
Griz aka Barry
http://standbesideher.blogspot.com/

Little Miss Chatterbox said...

Robosquirrel: Thanks for the link about the Bataan Death March. After I saw the movie I saw the Hollywood vs. History show on it on the History Channel. It was very fascinating to me and I want to learn a lot more about it. My friend and I couldn't believe we didn't know more about it before the movie.

Laura Ingalls Wilder and Almanzo moved to Missouri shortly after they were married and lived there the rest of their lives. So the home in Missouri is where she lived most of her adult life and where she died.

I am glad to say I'm not old enough to be Rebekah & Mary-Ann's mom :-). Although that would be a compliment. My oldest daughter is 11.

Little Miss Chatterbox said...

Griz: Thanks, I've linked you as well.

jgf said...

May 2006 be just as great for you and yours!

bigwhitehat said...

I'm just glad I met you this year.

Little Miss Chatterbox said...

BWH: Me too!!

Robosquirrel said...

Well, I learn something new every day! And I'm glad you take it as a compliment, they're super girls.

Bloviating Zeppelin said...

LMC: truly, you had a great year! As I am sure you already realize, you are wonderfully blessed.

My 2005 was up and down but, in retrospect, the downs were at work and, in the overall scheme of Life, does it really make a difference? I would submit that, when at St. Peters' Gate, one does not first say: "gosh, wish I'd worked more hours at the job."

NOT.

2005 for me, on a personal level, was fulfilling and insightful. I found my honey, we shared some wonderful and harrowing moments, I got back in touch with some friends I'd forgotten about, made more connections outside of work, got a cat (sorry, for me that's a Big Thing -- my house isn't a home without a cat), and, one other thing was very significant for me.

I reworked my blog and got more seriously involved in the Blogosphere.

I made even more friends here.

LMC, yourself included.

Thank you for being a friend.

BZ

Rebekah said...

Nope, she's not our Mom. Though there are four of us, and Mom does homeschool and we are christians, so it's kinda neat to find this!
(FYI, my brother is about to start a blog, and Mom's thinking about it! :)