Wednesday, November 02, 2005

"Shut Up and Sing"

Okay, I must admit I had a lot of fun researching for this blog. I know Rush says that we shouldn't care what celebrities have to say about politics and I agree. But being that I am a political news junkie and also have some interest in entertainment news they sometimes blend together for me.

I usually try not to care what an actor or actress's political views are if I already like them but sometimes it's hard. I never liked Sean Penn or Susan Sarandon to start with so it doesn't bother me to avoid their movies. But when it comes to Richard Gere and George Clooney I just kind of cringe and think "please don't talk". I don't want to know that you are a looney liberal. Like Laura Ingraham says in her great book, "Shut up, and Sing". The phrase is directed at Barbara Streisand since she can sing but doesn't have a clue about politics. All this to say that I have come up with my Top 10 Favorite Conservatives in Hollywood and my Top 10 Annoying Liberals. Let me know who are your favorites and if you think I left someone good off the lists. It was obviously easier to find liberals than conservatives but I found this really good list that you might enjoy looking at. Obviously some of these conservatives are only conservative is some areas and may be liberal in others.

Top 10 Favorite Conservative Entertainers
1) Mel Gibson
2) Jim Caviezel (He was not on any list but I know he is strongly pro-life and moral)
3) Angie Harmon (My favorite prosecutor from Law & Order before they turned politically correct)
4) Bruce Willis
5) Arnold Schwarzenegger
6) Dennis Quaid
7) Stephen Baldwin (I would love to be at a family dinner with the Baldwin brothers :-))
8) Dennis Miller
9) Kurt Russell
10)Patricia Heaton

Top 10 Most Annoying Liberal Hollywood Entertainers
1) Alec Baldwin (He's still going through a divorce with Kim and today in court she called him mentally unstable or something like that. We could've told her that years ago when he threatened to stone Henry Hyde.)
2) Barbara Streisand
3) Susan Sarandon (Her boyfriend doesn't make the list because I love "Shawshank Redemption")
4) Sean Penn
5) Jane Fonda
6) Janeane Garofalo (I used to like her before she became so vocal on Air America)
7) Woody Harrelson
8) Ed Asner
9) Martin Sheen
10)Mike Farrell

7 comments:

bigwhitehat said...

Is it not hilarious how these losers can flap their gums and lose customers?

I think the Dixie Chicks alone mouthed their way out of several hundred million.

Eddie said...

I like Dennis Miller a lot, as well.

Mahndisa S. Rigmaiden said...

11 03 05

Good post! Hmm I like Mel Gibson and the Baldwin Brothers. I even like Alec, though obviously it's cuz I have had a crush on him since I was like ten or something! ha! Ms. Garofalo or however you spell it is so very annoying; geesh! Arnie is my favourite conservative in Hollywood. I think he is a reasonably good governor too, but the MSM aint treating him too well about now... :(

Little Miss Chatterbox said...

I've been very impressed with Arnold as governor and I really like him. He reminds me of Reagan in that he goes over the media's heads and talks directly to the people. I wish he was more conservative on social issues.

James Manning said...

Chatter!!!

How can you not like Sean Penn? Did you see Falcon & the Snowman? Classic. The man is a great actor. What about Carlito's Way, 21 Grams, and his breakout performance in Bad Boys? Oh, you are missing some great films.

To be honest, the only celeb that sickens me to the point that I won't purchase anything he puts out is R Kelly. Hell, a man is entitled to his opinion. Just because they are entertainers doesn't mean they give up their right to speak. Now, they have to suffer the consequences, but stil, look at Ali. He spoke his mind, was defamed and is now an icon.

I think you'll change your mind about Sean Penn if you watch The Falcon and the Snowman.

Dennis Miller IS NOT FUNNY.

James Manning said...

Come to think of it. Denzel Washington is a Republican and I'm still watching anything he does.

Little Miss Chatterbox said...

James: You make me laugh. Thanks for your comments. I hadn't heard that about Denzel Washington and I have always liked him so thats a good thing :-).