Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Sex Offender Registry

I was on the way home from my trip and I heard John Walsh make a passioned plea on Hannity's show for these bills to go through the senate and the house. I think these bills are really important. It could make such a huge difference in keeping our kids safe. I called both of my senators and my representative today asking them to support SB 1086 in the senate and HR 3132 in the House. I encourage everyone to take a couple of minutes to do this. If the bills get held up they will have to start all over next year. Below is an article from Focus on the Family explaining everything.

Crime-Fighting Icon Urges Congress to Act

John Walsh, host of "America's Most Wanted," appealed to
Congress today to sign into law more stringent
sex-offender registry guidelines before year's end.

Walsh, whose son was abducted and murdered in 1981, is
co-founder of the National Center for Missing and
Exploited Children (NCMEC). NCMEC is a key contributor to
H.R. 3132 and S. 1086 -- identical bills that would create
a national system for sex-offender registry and community
notification.

"How many more children and other victims need to suffer
before our elected officials do the right thing and pass
this legislation?" Walsh said. "Enough is enough. We see
what these predators do and we know how easily they
disappear."

Currently lawmakers are set to adjourn without sending a
bill to President Bush.

Ernie Allen, president and CEO of NCMEC, said keeping the
ball rolling on such an important bill is critical.

"We can't wait another week, another month, another year,
for this legislation to become law," Allen said.
"Statistics from the U.S. Justice Department show that 67
percent or reported sexual assault victims are children.
This is powerful testimony to the fact that children are
at risk and we must do something to stop it. Passing this
legislation, this year, will be a step forward in helping
to reduce the risk."

Walsh agreed that lawmakers need to act quickly.

"They owe it to Carlie Brucia, Jessica Lunsford, Shasta
Groene and all the other precious children show were
abducted, abused and murdered by repeat sex offenders," he
said.

TAKE ACTION: You can find contact information for your
senators and representative in Congress in the CitizenLink
Action Center:

http://www.family.org/cforum/action_center.cfm?capwizurl=http://www3.capwiz.com/fof/dbq/officials/





10 comments:

Mr. Grey Ghost said...

Miss Chatterbox

Very insightful post, I had no idea this was going on. You're really doing your part by taking an iniative and being active in this. I'm a fan of John Walsh as well so I'll do my part.

Mahndisa S. Rigmaiden said...

11 29 05

Thx Ms. Chatterbox. Pedophiles make me question my morals about the death penalty. I will highlight this post for tmw's blog watch:)

Little Miss Chatterbox said...

Thanks Grey Ghost & Mahndisa. I appreciate you highlighting it Mahndisa since I think it is important info to get out.

ABFreedom said...

Great post and good action. What ever happened to the good old days when we could actually deal with with this scum... :-(

P.S. Thanks for stopping by, excellent blog....

Little Miss Chatterbox said...

Welcome AB Freedom. Thanks for your comments.

Assorted Babble by Suzie said...

I am so happy to see others posting on this too. I came over from Disa. I try to keep everyone updated with the progress on Jessica Lunsford Act and I provide a map of states, and where they stand from Bill O'Reily's site. In addition, sidebar links for everyone that wants to write or read on what is happening concerning these dangerous sex predators.

THANK YOU AGAIN and I hope all writes in.

Little Miss Chatterbox said...

Suzie: You're welcome and I hope everyone writes and calls about this too. It would be a shame to have start these bills all over again next year.

Revka said...

Chatterbox,
Thanks for the info, i will do the same!

Phantom_Driver, USNR, Ret. said...

Pedophiles make me question my morals about the death penalty.

Like Dahmer and others, life in prison for pedophiles is usually a death sentence. Pedophiles are the lowest form of life amongst prisoners. Don't worry yourself about the death penalty for them. Just keep 'em locked up and sooner or later the inmates will take care of the problem.

Little Miss Chatterbox said...

Very good point Phantom Driver!!