Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Quote of the Day

This is my 7th year homeschooling but my 1st year to teach all 4 of my kids. It has been a little overwhelming and yesterday was a difficult day. A quote from Patsy Clairmont (a motivational Christian speaker) came to mind that I have always loved. She was talking to her 7 yr. old son who said he wanted to quit school. She asked him why and he said, "It's too long, too hard and too boring". Patsy said, "You have just described life, now get on the bus." Sometimes it does seem like life is too long, too hard and too boring.

Last night as I was trying to go to sleep 1 Peter 5:7 came to mind which says "Casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you." This morning my devotional was on 1 Peter 5:7 of all verses :-). It was about a hymn which was based on 1 Peter 5:7. It is entitled "Does Jesus Care?" by Frank E. Graeff. It was very comforting and encouraging. Here are some of the words:

"Does Jesus care When my heart is pained Too deeply for mirth and song; As the burdens press And the cares distress And the way grows weary and long?

Does Jesus care when my way is dark With a nameless dread and fear? As the daylight fades Into deep night shades, Does He care enough to be near?

O yes, He cares; I know He cares, His heart is touched with my grief; When the days are weary, The long nights dreary, I know my Savior cares.

5 comments:

Mahndisa S. Rigmaiden said...

10 26 05

Great post Ms. Chatterbox, I would like to highlight you on my blog maybe tmw. Is that ok with you? I think you tackle tough issues from a conservative perspective and want to point people to your site, as Rebecca did!
Let me know via email or here and thx for sharing!

Mahndisa S. Rigmaiden said...

10 26 05

Hey Ms. Chatterbox, I placed you on my little update box on the current post! Have a nice day:)

Revka said...

Thanks for the encouragement today!

Mahndisa S. Rigmaiden said...

10 27 05

Hey Ms. Chatterbox:
Ms. Miers withdrew her nomination! Whatdya think will happen next?

Little Miss Chatterbox said...

I don't know. I have to admit I was relieved to hear it. As you know I was torn over the whole thing. I was hoping she would surprise everyone and do well in the hearings. But I have to admit I'm glad and really, really hoping W doesn't disappoint us and gives us someone like Janice Rogers Brown.

Rush went to some conservative dinner and she came up and wanted to meet him. He said he was the one honored to meet her. She sounds like an awesome woman. I thought it was unfair to her and others when Harriet got picked.