Friday, October 28, 2005

I'm Seeing Red Today!!!

I have to admit my blood pressure was very high as I listened to Patrick Fitzgerald's speech on the indictment of "Scooter" Libby. Don't get me wrong I will never condone perjury, lieing or obstruction of justice. If Libby has truly lied under oath he deserves to be punished. But I was seeing red listening to Patrick Fitzgerald and how pious and smug he sounded. All of a sudden the rule of law is important and lieing under oath is a serious crime. The Clintons got away with "murder" during their 8 years in the White House. They repeatedly and intentionally lied over and over again and were never held to account for it. During their time in the White House the rule of law never seemed important and lieing under oath was okay depending on the circumstances.

The thing that bothers me the most about all of this is a man's reputation has been ruined. It won't matter now if Libby is exonerated, he has already been convicted in the court of public opinion. This criminalization of politics needs to stop.

All of this seems very unfair and unjust to me. The heart of this investigation was whether Valerie Plame was a covert agent and whether her identity had been revealed. It has become widely known now that she was not covert and hadn't been for awhile. Her friends and neighbors had known for quite some time that she worked for the CIA. She was not outed by anyone, it was already known. So from that perspective it was much ado about nothing. As many of you know I am a huge fan of Alias. When you see the jeopardy that a real covert agent would be in, you do understand how important it would be not to disclose their identity. But that wasn't the case here at all. She was not covert.

Lastly the Democrats and the media are salivating over claims that this has something to do with the heart of the war on terror. Talk about being absurd and really reaching. Our basis for going to war was dependant on a lot more than what Joe Wilson "claimed" wasn't true.

7 comments:

Mahndisa S. Rigmaiden said...

10 28 05

Hey Ms. Chatterbox:
You and Rebecca are seeing fire today! Ms. Rae Ann did a good post on fairness and how we have to be fair when looking at the MSM's garbage. Really we are innocent until proven guilty and NOT the other way around. The MSM would do well to understand that. And you're right; his career is ruined, UNLESS he does an Ollie North move (remember him?) and becomes a lecturer and professor and book writer. IF he does, then I think he will be okay. I am being idealistic too! Have a good weekend!

Little Miss Chatterbox said...

You make a good point about Oliver North. The problem is for a long time I had a negative view of people like Oliver North and Newt Gingrich. I believed what the MSM said about them until I started seeking alternative news sources. Even Mark Fuhrman I had a very negative view of until I heard his side of the story. His "N" comment was made on tape while he was reading a script for some documentary or movie or something. I never heard that from the MSM. Since then he has helped to bring about justice for Martha Moxley and written a great book about Terri Schiavo. So all that to say that I concede that Libby could get past this if people watch things other than the MSM.

Patrick Joubert Conlon said...

You said:"...seeing red listening to Patrick Fitzgerald and how pious and smug he sounded..."

little miss chatterbox, I'm a former Catholic who lived in a monastery for two years so I completely understand Fitzgerald. He is a tool of the leftists. He was educated by Jesuits and therefore is a Marxist - remember the "liberation theology" that the Jesuit/Marxists preached in Latin America; the Sandinistas that Ollie North fought against?

Revka said...

Chatterbox,
I agree with you as we talked on the phone today.. You know my thoughts!
I am much more calm. I realize that the truth will come out, and since we don't live in the old world of having only liberal news to watch, then we will get the truth.
I am looking forward to the trial.

Little Miss Chatterbox said...

Can you believe it? I was watching Bill O'Reilly tonight and he was saying its going to cost Libby 1-2 million dollars just to defend himself. How do you replace a man's reputation, job and 2 million dollars? I hope the people who put all of this into motion can sleep at night.

Robert Neddo said...

Hello, I'm hoping to put your mind at rest (and temper, maybe?) with another perspective. It occured to me that his reputation is in no danger due to obvious reasons. The majority of the nation is split, so either side will support him or not regardless of what happens legally to him. The loss of money and job are not good, but I'm confident that he'll be just fine. The only true problem he has is actually being convicted and that doesn't seem too likely. So, I think from a logical standpoint there really are no worries. I hope this helps.

Little Miss Chatterbox said...

Thanks. I don't know about no worries but you make some good points. Thanks for your comments.